Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: SS/CX/Gravel Bike for Commuting
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a good all around bike, SS/CX/Gravel, or open to other things, just want a bike to fart around town on. I, obviously, wouldn't want it to be stolen, but if it was, I don't want to be out a ton of money. Looking to stay under $1k, 47-52 frame.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: SS/CX/Gravel Bike for Commuting [RBeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't anything used from a fellow ST'er, I'll suggest the Raleigh Cadent 4.

This was my finalist for a townie, do-all type bike. Great tire clearance, 1x11 gearing, hydraulic brakes, fender mounts and a decent price tag of $800 shipped. The code save5 will knock off 5%. Some people have been able to access a 'corporate discount' and get a fairly heavy discount.

Turns out 5 bikes and an unbuilt frame is the current wife limit, so I didn't get one. It really could be a gravel bike if you wanted, but it seems like a fantastic option for a bike you are okay locking up somewhere around town.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: SS/CX/Gravel Bike for Commuting [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thanks for your thoughtful reply.

It checks a lot of the boxes and I’ll definitely add it to the mix, thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 2016 Scott Speedster CX that I've been thinking about selling. It might be a bit bigger than what you're looking for. It's a medium frame which I think translates to a 52-54. Nothing wrong with it. Just rarely ride it. According to Strava it's got 211 miles on it - all of it for committing or neighborhood rides with the family. I'm in the Houston area.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: SS/CX/Gravel Bike for Commuting [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot over some pics and price, would consider it.

ryan.beck@mail.com
Last edited by: RBeck: Sep 29, 17 6:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your still looking i have a redline ss vx build. Hed belgium wheels,clement tires, avid canti brakes, fas bar stem post. Will sell for under 1,000. Pm if interested.
Quote Reply