Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: 6800 groupset
Quote | Reply
Looking for a 6800 road groupset. Looking for a full group with braze on front derailleur, any crank length 165-172.5 Prefer new or take off but will consider lightly used as well.

not interested in 6700/7900...needs to be a 6800 group. send a pm with info/asking price.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ribble, ProBikeKit and Chain Reaction Cycles all have this group for ~650ish. You cant beat the price with free shipping and no tax.

http://www.probikekit.com/...t-grey/10836459.html
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [bryceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i may go that route, was just hoping for a bit quicker turn around shipping wise. i'd like to pick up a group in the states for that price/even better if takeoff if possible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch out for possible customs duties if going this route.

I just picked up a 5800 group for my wife's bike from Ribble, and had to go the post office and pay another $45 to get it released.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [ijgoodwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ijgoodwin wrote:
Watch out for possible customs duties if going this route.

I just picked up a 5800 group for my wife's bike from Ribble, and had to go the post office and pay another $45 to get it released.

Ouch! Wonder how they determine this.

I've heard of some US etailers that match UK prices, not sure if they would do a whole group...
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think it's kind of luck (or unluck) of the draw. I've ordered from PBK, Ribble, etc. many times and this is the first time I've been hit by customs.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [ijgoodwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The LBS will be very hard pressed to match the Ribble/Merlin/PBK prices. The guy at my LBS said he paid more for the Shimano groupset/components to his distributors than what they are selling on the UK sites.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just purchased this groupset from Probikekit. Quick turnaround, 10 days, and I did get hit with about $30 in duty fees.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [losoccer14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it does seem to be happening more often lately that people are getting hit with duty fees, which is the second reason i hadnt jumped at any of the pricing from overseas vendors on anything lately. I'd like to keep my $ in the states and avoid additional fees. My last order from pbk was around 27 days turn around with only around 3 days in customs. I've had anywhere from 10-30 some for stuff to get in my hands. If i could be sure it would get here in 10days i would probably do it, but since i can't i would rather buy from someone here if there happens to be anything that turns up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I totally understand wanting to support US businesses and to limit the shipment time frame. I generally buy complete bikes, small components and pay for service with my LBS. Sometimes it better to just get it local and call it done.

If I am in not a hurry though, the possibility of even $50 in customs fees is still less than the tax I would pay if I were to source it locally (8.25% on $650 = $53.63). To each their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately my local options are full retail. I'll probably buy from the Mylus eBay seller that's US based and pay $100-150 more unless something pops up here. I figured someone would be ditching for di2 or sram.

Last edited by: wiRIDEfast: Sep 16, 14 12:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with Wiggle, they usually ship the day of if you order early on that day(UK time). Shipping will arrive within a week from the time it's shipped. I order from them regularly. I also heard that Ribble's ETA is also within a week, but no personal experience though.
Last edited by: MNX1024: Sep 16, 14 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought from Mylus and everything went really well. 6800 kit arrived in one box still in Shimano bags within a week.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [MNX1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MNX1024 wrote:
I also heard that Ribble's ETA is also within a week, but no personal experience though.

I've placed 2 orders with Ribble, with the last being ~18 months ago. Got the items in a week +/- a few days. Well worth the big time savings.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my new bike is coming and i'm stripping it. it will have 6800 parts.

52/36 semi Compact crank 172.5mm
11-25 Cassette, also have a new 11-28 if you want that.
Shifters with PTFE cable and Jagwire brake cables
FD - Braze on.
RD
KMC X11 SL chain

no brakes though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
any crank length 165-172.5

One thought I've had, if you're not keeping the crank, is to find a buyer for the crank here before you order. The crank buyer could pick length and tooth count and you could get some offset that would let you keep your $ state side.

I've had luck with Planet Cyclery over the last few years. http://www.planetcyclery.com/...tegra-6800-group-set $102 more than Ribble but it may show up without retail packaging. I'd just give them a call and ask.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [ccagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unfortunately the owner of the bike it will be going on wants the crank, I havent been able to steer them towards a different crank or crank based power yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of 6800 shifters, short cage rear derailuer, and braze on front derailuer for sale right now.

Here's a picture of them:

LINK
Last edited by: Cajer: Sep 19, 14 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to your for sale post?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still looking for parts?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 6800 groupset [ake_n_bake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did buy a full group from Merlin but Could always find a use it another one....pm me with what you have/price

Quote Reply