Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids!
Quote | Reply

Speedfil Standard Quick Disconnect Kit

I love my Speedfil Standard Hydration system. But being the tinkerer that I am, I was wondering......

Wouldn't it be nice to fill your Speedfil Standard at home or hotel and transport it to the bike - ready to go?

Wouldn't it be nice to mix your favorite drink mix in your Speedfil at home or hotel and take it with you to the race - with no spilling?

Wouldn't it be nice to chill your Speedfil in the fridge before a ride or race - without worrying about it dripping or spilling?

Wouldn't it be nice to quickly take your Speedfil off the bike after a ride or race, wash out your drink mix, and always have it clean and sanitary?

Well, now you can! With the Speedfil Standard Quick Disconnect Kit, you can fill your Speedfil at home, hotel, or during at ride at the convenience store. You can chill your Speedfil in the fridge or cooler before the race. You can transport your Speedfil to races fully filled and ready to go. With no spilling!

· No more mixing your drink mix from bottles in the dark. Your Speedfil travels with you to the race chilled, mixed and ready to mount.
· No more lugging melting ice to T1, with water dripping down your leg and into your shoes.
· No more sticky fingers. You can concentrate on the race instead of mixing bottles at the bike.
· No more looking for water, and wondering if the water you find is clean or might upset your stomach.
· No more left over plastic bags, drink mix bottles, and extra stuff to carry around and keep track of.

The Speefil Quick Disconnect Kit comes with everything you need to convert your current Speedfil bottle to become a quick disconnect bottle, with all the conveniences listed above. Conversion takes about 10 minutes and is so easy, even a Caveman could do it. Easy to follow and illustrated instructions are included. All you need is a ruler and a pair of scissors.

What's in the Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit?
The kit consists of an acetal quick disconnect coupling, coupling plug, filler seal, and complete instructions. The fittings and plug are designed for water filtration systems, so you know it's safe to use and drink from. It's actually quite a simple modification. By looking at the pictures and video, you can see that the coupling is installed at the front of the Speedfil bottle, making it easy and quick to disconnect from the drinking hose. It's easy to install, easy to use, and greatly increases your Speedfil utility and cleanliness.

Why are you doing this?
As an Erin Baker's Triathlon Team member, I pledged to help kids. But I'm not much for standing on a street corner with a boot in my hand (and it's outlawed in my hometow, anyway). I thought this would be a good idea that benefits our team, make your Speedfil even better, and help kids at the same time.

Are you making money on this?
Nope, not even. Since you're donating to my Janus Charity Challenge page, there's no way I can touch the money. Everything goes to kids. I'm donating the parts and materials, as well as the postage, to make this idea work for kids.

How do I get one? (Updated May 11, 2012)
Through Janus Charity Challenge, we've raised almost $2,000 for kids. This summer, we're helping the Virgin Island Triathlon Federation (www.vitf.org) and their Junior's Series races for kids age 5 to 15. A $20 donation is requested, and every cent of your donation will go directly to kids. If your heart says you'd like to donate more than $20, that would be great. I will donate the parts and materials for the kits, as well as all the postage, so all of your donation goes towards helping kids.

Where do I make the donation?
Here's the link to the Janus Charity Challenge Donation Page. Please include your address so I can get your Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit to you straightaway.

http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/...&supId=293193320

What does Speedfil say about the Quick Disconnect Kit?
I sent a prototype to Jeff at Speedfil of the Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit and he thought it was a great idea. He wanted the Erin Baker Triathlon Team to have first crack at the idea, because by doing it ourselves, all the money raised goes to helping kids.

What if I need help installing my Quick Disconnect Kit?
Everyone has commented that the instructions are well written and easy to follow. If you need help, PM me and I’ll help you.

Helping kids through triathlon,
Steve
kscycler@hotmail.com

Last edited by: Kscycler: May 11, 12 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump and just donated for one:)

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you on behalf of kids. I appreciate you making the contribution to help kids in need. Every time you pull your Speedfil from the fridge you'll be reminded that your donation went straight to the Boys & Girls Club. Your Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit is in the mail right now. Please let me know when you receive it and your thoughts and comments.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont have a speedfil, but i do have a free bump. Good luck!

"A wise man once told me......God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [SM937] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be making the donation next Friday such an awesome idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump!
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [dazzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for the bumps! It just demonstrates to me (again and again) that the triathlon community cares about each other, the community, and especially helping kids. I appreciate all the interest and support.....
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [Sunkist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out and have a kit ready to head your way. I think you'll find it a great addtion to your Speedfil...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome idea! Just donated, hope you meet and exceed your goal!

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, D~~~~~! I appreciate it. I have your kit ready to mail, and your info came through perfectly. Sorry it's a holiday weekend, but I'll have it in th outgoing post on Tuesday. Please let me know you receive it and I'd sure be interested in your feedback and comments. I believe you'll love it (everyone so far has). Thanks on behalf of kids...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just made a donation - great idea! I'm in Canada and have been looking for something like this for my Speedfil. Thanks for doing this!
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [ozzie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, D~~!. I have your Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit ready to hit the mail tomorrow morning. This is a new one, to Canada, but I'll figure it out and get it on its way to you forthwith. Thanks for helping kids....and please let me know when you receive it and your comments and feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just donated too. good idea!

how will i know when you send it?
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [dindu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Is~~~~! I am at work right now, but the moment I get home I'll address your Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit to you in NY. I got all your information from the Janus Charity Challenge site, so I have everything I need. It will hit the mail today, I promise...

And please let me know when you receive it and your comments and feedback. I think you'll find that it takes your Speedfil to the next level. Mine is in the fridge right now, chilling for this afternoon's group ride.

And thanks on behalf of kids...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The folks at the USPS helped me post your kit to Canada, and it's now on its way. Please let me know it arrives in good order and I'd sure be interested in your comments and feedback. Thanks again...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks just got mine in the mail

another idea maybe post over on beginnertriathete.com also

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [dindu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As promised, in the mail to Brooklyn this afternoon. Please let me know when it arrives...
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [ozzie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ozzie123, did your Quick Disconnect Kit arrive in Canada? I wanted to follow up and make sure the package arrived safely. Please let me know when you can. Thanks again..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a bump for a great idea and a great cause. Looking forward to getting mine. Thanks Steve!
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [KauaiHigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KauaiHigh, thank you so much and thanks on behalf of kids. Your Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit will be in the mail today! I appreciate it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I just wanted to say that I love your quick disconnect kit! I just rode the IM Lake Placid course this past weekend and it worked like a charm. It was so great to be able to put fridge cold fluid on my bike to start as well. It is so easy to use. Great work!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, it made it quickly and I totally love it! Thanks for doing this. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so glad it got there and you've had a chance to install and use it. I'll be at IMUSA for the first time next month, and I'll make sure to make your acquaintence (it'll be easy, because I'll see your bike and the empty Speedfil cage and know it's you). Things like this always seem to work out, so see you there! Thanks again on behalf of kids (the real beneficiary of our fun). Every time you use your Speefil, know that kids have a better chance....
Last edited by: Kscycler: Jun 21, 11 19:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KSCycler - I just made the donation (plus a little more) for the Quick Disconnect Kit. Great idea.

When do you mail those out?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil Quick Disconnect Kit - Donate to Help Kids! [gxsr_sarge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gxsr_sarge,
I just grabbed your address from the Janus Charity Challenge site and will be putting your kit in the mail in about 5 minutes. It's all ready to go, so please let me know when you receive it. Thanks on behalf of kids (for the little extra, too) and know every time you use your Speedfil, you're helping to make a life better. I appreciate it...
Quote Reply

Prev Next