Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group
Quote | Reply
tl;dr
OFFERING
Speedplay Titanium torx screws, bowties, and spindles

Bont Sub 8 sz 41 brand new never worn

New 105 group off 2015 Trek Speed Concept 7 (see link)
  1. stem/aerobars/extensions
  2. seat
  3. wheels
  4. derailleurs
  5. crank
  6. chain/cassette
  7. bar end shifters
  8. NO BRAKES

SPEEDPLAY TITANIUM UPGRADED
A couple friends and I were looking to improve our speed play pedals and we had access to machining tools. We made a couple extra pieces and want to see if people are interested. Let us know and we can see how many more we can machine; really just want to break even on the parts ;)

Here are options:
  1. Buy a brand new pedal set + titanium package both from us
  2. Buy titanium package
  3. Send us your pedals for us to upgrade

Speedplay compatible Titanium bowties, spindle, and 3x torx screws. Here is the weight savings:

206g Zero (~retails MSRP $200)
164g Titanium (~retails MSRP $300)
144g Titanium (Your Modified Pedal) http://imgur.com/5pOBOXr
129g Nanogram (~retails MSRP $600)

Original screws are 8g
Titanium screws are 4g

Original bowtie 35g
Titanium bowtie 17g

Chromoly spindle 118g
Stainless steel spindle 103g
Titanium spindle 63g

This makes the pedal a shade heavier than the Speedplay Nano but much more durable at a fraction of the cost.

Machined out of grade 5 Titanium which is stronger than original materials, more durable, and can handle heavier weight riders
Compatible with Light Action and X-Series as well as Zero
Last edited by: stephersiu: Mar 26, 15 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [stephersiu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for new items
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [stephersiu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much are you looking for the 105 group? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [jontriforlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you need all the pieces? Was looking to get 600
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump:

Titanium pedals that are race day light and everyday training tough

Willing to sell screws, spindles, and bowties separately as well.

$120 shipped/paypal'd for the set
$140 send it to us to modify/install
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how hard is it to swtitch out the spindle? I have changed out the screws and bowties before

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, these are neat. I am curious as to the install as well. Also I thought the bow ties were different on the Zero?
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [Bgoetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are some very detailed instructions on how to do your own installation with an official Speedplay replacement kit.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/equipment/2011/speedplay-rebuild-mark-purdy
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [Bgoetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bow ties are the same on the zero.

Down to 3 sets of these available!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ill take a set of bowties and bolts, I already have Zero Ti pedals
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful, speed play sues people for just rebuilding their pedals, like replacing the bearings. If they get wind of this, I would certainly bet you'd hear from their lawyers pretty quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in a full set + one set of bowties & bolts, please PM me a price.
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [myles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a price reduction here, still have a couple sets of the spdplay ti conversions:

$65 + shipping for bowties/screws
$35 + shipping for spindles

Don't mind selling separately or as a package so you save on shipping.

Also have an extra set of all Titanium screws for Trek Speed Concept 7.5 2nd gen - also made of Grade 5 titanium used in motorcycle parts, aerospace, and subsea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you still doing the option to buy pedals from you? price?
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Zach, let me double check; we just buy a replacement body kit w/ cleats and then change out the spindles. Do you want 1 set or 2 sets?

Theoretically it's just the raw cost of the body kit, the spindles / bowties as above, and then $30 labour which includes shipping to you CONUS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be looking for two sets. black.
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Added new item

Bont Sub 8 shoes (size 41) brand new never worn, didn't fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in a complete pedal set
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch still available? What are the details on it
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [mbehr1983] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any pedal sets left?
Quote Reply
Re: Spdplay Titanium Bowtie/Screw/Spindle Upgrades, Garmin 920 XT - White BNIB, New Takeoff 105 triathlon group [90kestrel200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

Still have the speedplay titaniums spindle / bowtie kits for sale and the Shimano 105 11sp tri group
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi I'm interested in a titanium kit, do you ship to Australia?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you split the bar end shifters, chain/cassette from the rest of the group?

Michael Hebert
Hebertmike.com
Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
I support: Team RWB
Quote Reply