Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs
Quote | Reply
Technically, they're called Forza Bibbed Trishorts. Whatever they're called, this is the most versatile garment for training I own. I run in this, I nordic ski in this, and of course this is the garment when I race a tri. Partly, I guess it's because when you get to a specific age the specter of the hairy gap between the bottom of the tri top and the trishort is not a pleasant one. Unless you have the physique to pull it off. Which I do not. But I digress...

40 percent off to Slowtwitchers - along with free ground shipping inside the U.S. - if you use this code at checkout: DSBIBSST411

Go here to order: http://www.desotosport.com/product/FBTS1

We're going to end this on Tuesday upcoming, but, it's limited to our allotment, so, when they run out they run out.

Why more apparel companies do not employ this motif for tri and running apparel i do not know. I can run in these as they are. I can run in these with cycling knee warmers. I can run in these with full tights, and the run shorts do not bunch up under the tights. This is THE killer silhouette that is not sufficiently used - yet - in the marketplace. Hence my whining insistently to De Soto to keep making more of these, and to at least occasionally offer these to Slowtwitchers at an attractive price.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have DeSoto fit experience they can share? Looking at their chart my height/weight makes me a M (5' 9" - 165 lbs) but my waist makes me a L (33-34" pants). Someone with a similar build wear DeSoto gear?

Great deal Dan... thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRhino wrote:
Anyone have DeSoto fit experience they can share? Looking at their chart my height/weight makes me a M (5' 9" - 165 lbs) but my waist makes me a L (33-34" pants). Someone with a similar build wear DeSoto gear?

Great deal Dan... thanks.

I am the exact same in all dimensions and medium fits me like a glove. That is what Emilio recommend to me on the phone and he was right.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet - thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great deal!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$90 shipped. Cool idea, not going to jump in on this one, but moar deels please!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$90 shipped. Cool idea, not going to jump in on this one, but moar deels please!

agreed!

(and women's stuff too :D )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome, thanks Dan.

I'll also chime in that these bibs are great for more than just riding. I wear them under my tights for running when the temperatures warrant a little extra insulation!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grabbed one. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took your advice and order a pair this morning. Living on the east coast, I have already got an email that they have shipped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fitting help! Is Emilio around?

6'3", 185-190 range. Tape measure says my waist is 39", jeans say 36". Normally wear a large in bike shorts.. are these tri bibs vertically adjustable? Worried if I got a Large, they would be too short for me. But also worried I would swim in an XL?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Forza tri-bibs and love them! They are very well made and could not be more comfortable. If I didn't already have the bibs, I'd be all over this deal!

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [TunaBoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your height is not an issue with size Large. They are very stretchy in the vertical direction. Your weight suggests size Large. Don't worry, I will make an exception to our all sales are final for you. To be clear, I will not refund money, but will offer an exchange to a different size and if no other size works in the Forza Tri Bibs, I will offer credit value to the purchase of another product.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Mar 22, 14 16:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To anyone that is remotely considering this offer, my advice to you is to pull the trigger. This is a great price for a fantastic product - and as Dan said, these bibs are supremely versatile. Add high-quality construction to the list as well.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great for training rides and any race distance you know you won't be needing a porta pottie for. The length is great, I wish their regular tri shorts had an option for this length.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
has anyone received confirmation of their order? I ordered a few hours ago (and took a screen shot) but still no inbox joy. Do they not confirm orders until shipping?

nevermind. PSA Gmail has an actual spam folder. it isn't the promotions tab - it is a whole separate thingie. I had no clue.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Mar 21, 14 22:29
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I am game. I am 6 feet tall. 31 inch waist. 165 pounds. What size do I get? I usually get mediums but am worried they will not be long enough?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are pretty long in terms of Tri shorts and bike bibs, I'm only 5'10" and these cover my whole thigh area, and are as long as any short that I have.

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BOOM

Thanks Dan.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bought.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Special: 40% off Forza Tri Bibs [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 6'0" and 165, you are medium. No doubt about it. You are going to love them, no doubt about it.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the offer. Just got mine in the mail today. Need them to hide my winter gut until I burn it off:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need some fresh bibs good stuff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm due for a try -- 5'11" 180. Large?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish it were for the Riviera - I can't use the felt pad.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next