Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowtwitch special on Boardman bikes at Nytro
Quote | Reply
Trying something we don't normally do here. These are closeouts from a retailer. If you're interested - and these are mail order or, I suppose, walk-in, as you so choose - let me know your own fit particulars on this thread and I'll recommend how you would fit aboard these bikes, if at all. In other words, I'll do what I never recommend: fit you over the internet.

In my opinion there is a kind of a "rider profile" for these bikes below. They are best for riders who want a flat, very aero position, and/or who are morphologically predisposed to this geometry and groupkit. My that I mean that these bikes are a little bit low in front anyway, and they're spec'd with an aerobar that is also very low profile.

So, let's say you are long in the torso and short of leg. Your problem is getting the front of the bike low enough, and having enough standover height. This is your bike, unless you ride with a higher front end.

Conversely, are you long-legged, short in the torso? These bikes are going to be a rough go for you unless you also have very long arms and this forces the aerobar pads low. Bottom line: the pads are going to be down there a ways, this bike is built for that.

One other option is to just change out the aerobars on the bikes here if you'd like to maybe get one but it's going to be a rough fit. Swapping out these Visiontechs for, say, some Profile Design, that's going to add a lot of height to the position.

Same thing on the road bikes. I'll ask you position questions, you answer them on this thread, I'll try to "prescribe" the bike for you.

So, if you're interested let me know via a reply to this post, I'll see if I can answer your back with an answer you can use.

If/when you order these bikes, SLOWTWITCH20 gets you your discount at checkout.

AiR TT 9.0 105 (XS, S, and 2 M in stock) / Retail $2,800 / ST Special $2,299

AiR TT 9.2 Ultegra (S, M, and L in stock) / Retail $3,800 / ST Special $2,999

AiR 9.2 Ultegra (XS, S, 2 M in stock) / Retail $3,800 / ST Special $2,999

SLS 9.0 105 (XS, S, M, L in stock) / Retail $2,500 / ST Special $2,099

Last edited by: Slowman: Jun 22, 15 15:58
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch special on Boardman bikes at Nytro [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy DE,

I am 5'10" and run "short" in the legs. Was curious to know if I was a medium or large?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch special on Boardman bikes at Nytro [jasper808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is this a road or tri bike you're looking at? do you have a that kind of bike now, that is, either a road bike, whatever it is you're looking to get? if so, are you pretty comfortable that your current position is a good one, that you'd like to maintain on any new bike you might get?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry - looking at the air TT. Currently on a p2c 51cm and was retul fit about two months ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch special on Boardman bikes at Nytro [jasper808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i take it that you're happy, reasonably so, with the fit. in that case, i'd like to know one of two things:

1. your x and y from the bb to the pad center
2. exactly what your p2c bike set up is: stem length and pitch, mms of spacers under stem, mms of headset top cap, kind of aerobar, and how far back the pad center sits behind the centerline of the pursuit bar if it sits behind at all.

either 1 or 2. don't need both. if you need help figuring out either of the above, post here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fwiw I am 5'10 and run short in legs also (30" inseam") and fit well on a small.

Also, this bike is awesome. The frame is incredible.
Last edited by: eloon: Jun 23, 15 18:50
Quote Reply