Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by jens
Last edited by: jens: Sep 19, 17 9:21
Post deleted by jens [ In reply to ]
Re: Roval CLX 64 Wheels - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1450 shipped [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumped for price reduction

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Wheels - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1450 shipped [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi, best price shipped to belgium please?

payment with paypal

kind regards,

Ivan
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Wheels - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1450 shipped [Ivanm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Sorry, I should have noted in the original posting. Shipping to U.S. only. Shipping overseas is just too big a hassle.

sorry again, Jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these clinchers?
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Wheels - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1450 shipped [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes. Duh. I should have said that in the description.

Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Clinchers - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1350 plus shipping [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the set you bought from me off eBay? If so yes I didn't use them much just a couple of races and really only the front wheel. I used the rear wheel for Coz 70.3 because discs were not allowed and in some training leading up to the race. There is a notable scratch in the brake track, it isn't just a superficial scratch, one layer of carbon is removed. If you never used them you may have not even remembered that it was there.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Clinchers - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1350 plus shipping [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yup. I am embarrassed about the scratch. The wheels have been sitting in a box for months and I didn't notice it when I pulled them out for photos. Here is a photo:

I don't sell stuff here to make money, but to keep it from cluttering my house. So anybody who is unhappy with what they got, gets their money back.

Last edited by: jens: Sep 12, 17 7:58
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Clinchers - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1350 plus shipping [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

Yup. I am embarrassed about the scratch. The wheels have been sitting in a box for months and I didn't notice it when I pulled them out for photos. Here is a photo:

I don't sell stuff here to make money, but to keep it from cluttering my house. So anybody who is unhappy with what they got, gets their money back.

Lol, no worries, I myself might be interested again in the pair.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Clinchers - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1350 plus shipping [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hey Thomas,

I just lowered the price again. So if you buy them back now, I will have paid you $250 for the privilege of keeping them in a box in my garage for a few months. Ouch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

Hey Thomas,

I just lowered the price again. So if you buy them back now, I will have paid you $250 for the privilege of keeping them in a box in my garage for a few months. Ouch.

I am thinking about it. Unfortunately those savages at Ebay and Paypal take ~15% so I think I only got about $1275.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that scratch bad enough to interfere with performance? What kind of hubs?
Quote Reply
Re: Roval CLX 64 Clinchers - ceramic speed bearings -- like new - $1350 plus shipping [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bypasskid wrote:
Is that scratch bad enough to interfere with performance? What kind of hubs?

They are Specialized's proprietary hub - I think the internals are DT Swiss. DT Swiss spokes 16 spokes front / 21 spokes rear. When I listed them on eBay I went to great lengths to show multiple close up pictures and make sure potentials buyers were aware of the scratch as it is at least a mm wide.

I bought the wheels never intending to use the rear so I never really thought much about it performance wise. I did use it for Coz 70.3 because discs are banned. The original seller sold them as new take-offs and I know I was little pissed because they could have said it was more than just a little superficial scratch. Again not so much that I was worried about it, just I would never resell it down the line in the same way original seller does and I know it would hurt resale actually identifying it the way that it was. As a "top-rated" seller that status is very important to me.

I think the biggest concern would be use of the wheels and the possibility that over time and with braking that the brake pads could catch a bit on the rim at that spot and either wear brake pads in a weird way that could affect braking or worse cause more and more carbon to wear at that spot. On the flip-side, Zipp makes the NSW with the etched brake track right??? I haven't had the wheel for nearly 9 months, but I would estimate this spot might be 3x times as wide as the NSW etching.

Regardless the scratch is not the easiest thing to photograph.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

$1150 now. After a few days at this price, they're going back into my garage or maybe off to Ebay.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

$1150 now. After a few days at this price, they're going back into my garage or maybe off to Ebay.

just sent you PM
Quote Reply