Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv
Quote | Reply
A bike I thought I would never even entertain selling, but thought I would just see if there was any interest. It's more of an art piece rather than a bike to ride, although I have debated about building it up. This bike took 15 hours of prep and 150 hours to paint. I'm a huge Vettel fan, so this was a tribute to his ever changing helmet designs as a template of the pinstripes, the asymmetric design with opposing colors on each side, the chrome, the red bull glitter etc. We also included the World Championship wreath and the years for his 4 World Championships.

It's a size Large frameset, with a Zipp Vuka Aero handlebar painted to match. I don't even know what to even ask for price wise because there is nothing else like it, and especially with the actual RB logo's on there. The only thing on the bike that isn't paint is the pinstripes. There are a few chips on the handlebar where it meets the fork steerer tube, but would not be noticeable when assembled.

The bike may be worth more to me than others since I am emotionally attached with all the time and effort involved. With that being said, even at 7-8k I would have to think long and hard about whether I wanted to part with it. If interested, let's chat and feel free to ask any questions.

Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful!
Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't want to sell it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd probably ride that thing until I died... or simply put it in a museum. Maybe Redbull will buy it from you? It's a fantastic looking set up and I wish my Shiv looked like that!
Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [nogluten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dammmmmmmn. That's a good looking bike!

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...hands down the most beautiful bike frame I've ever seen. I sorta like Red Bull too! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you be able to give a plug to the place that did the amazing paint job. I just might have another frame needing custom paint work? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [rodney1997] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodney1997 wrote:
Would you be able to give a plug to the place that did the amazing paint job. I just might have another frame needing custom paint work? Thanks

I was under the impression that he did it himself. Would a paint shop business ever spend 165 hours painting a bike frame?!

Very cool though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You cant sell that bike!! It is truly a work of art. Amazing job!
Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was painted by Censport Graphics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mile2424 wrote:
A bike I thought I would never even entertain selling, but thought I would just see if there was any interest. It's more of an art piece rather than a bike to ride, although I have debated about building it up. This bike took 15 hours of prep and 150 hours to paint. I'm a huge Vettel fan, so this was a tribute to his ever changing helmet designs as a template of the pinstripes, the asymmetric design with opposing colors on each side, the chrome, the red bull glitter etc. We also included the World Championship wreath and the years for his 4 World Championships.

It's a size Large frameset, with a Zipp Vuka Aero handlebar painted to match. I don't even know what to even ask for price wise because there is nothing else like it, and especially with the actual RB logo's on there. The only thing on the bike that isn't paint is the pinstripes. There are a few chips on the handlebar where it meets the fork steerer tube, but would not be noticeable when assembled.

The bike may be worth more to me than others since I am emotionally attached with all the time and effort involved. With that being said, even at 7-8k I would have to think long and hard about whether I wanted to part with it. If interested, let's chat and feel free to ask any questions.

hate RB and the original formula(tried 20 years ago in Belgium...yuck!), but the paint job is very nice. Contact the company and see what they say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, amazing paint job!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! What profession are you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of course this is nuts but you already know that. I hope you find someone nuttier. In the meantime, I sent this post to a buddy who works in marketing at RB out of the ATL office.
Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [teamsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll trade you my stock black Shiv frame for it?
Quote Reply
Re: Red Bull F1 Vettel Tribute Bike custom painted....S-Works Shiv [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump to the top....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
still open to selling....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
still available for anyone interested....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
off topic, but do you think LeClerc will give him run for his money next year?
Quote Reply

Prev Next