Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Question for you classifieds sellers
Quote | Reply
is this forum working out okay for you? is the forum a good place to go to sell your items, or is a searchable database a better way to go? as in, just like our race calendar, but instead of items like tri or du, long or short, the data fields were: saddle/bike/wheels/components and by price and brand and so forth. would that be better? or is this better?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What you're describing, similar to mtbr.com, would be pretty cool and extremely valuable to me as a seller and buyer. I hate having to bump my own stuff but once an item goes past the 3rd or 4th page, it basically disappears. When I post on mtbr's classifieds, I have no problem paying $2 because I know people will see it or can easily search for it for 30 days (I think).

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like it the way it is and i think the additional controls established about a year ago have had good results. My only comment is that i wish there was a requirement that sellers post a price with their ads.

Quote | Reply
i like the way it currently is as well. makes it easy to "browse" through everything instead of having to click on each category. and if i'm looking for something in particular i just use the "search" function to find it.

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [ironcouple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is great the way it is, I buy and sell lots of stuff here, its easy to use the search function for anything specific, otherwise its nice to browse thru what's for sale. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it as it is, as well. It is easy enough to search. I do agree that it everyone should post a price.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with ShawnF. Classifieds like mtbr.com or roadbikereview.com are a lot easier to search and surf.

On the other hand, I like the ability to have a "conversation" and easily ask questions or request different pics and what not.

Perhaps some sort of way of combining the two ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [DrDubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it the way it is - the search feature always works. Some guidelines on including price and appending/editing posts when items sell or are no longer available would be nice, easy additions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it the way it is. The search function works well.
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not like it because my wheels have not sold yet:)

I like the set up. I think it is easy to use and search. The only thing I wish that it might have is a feedback system so you could see if someone selling has a good background or not. You can usually tell by the posts they have made but a feedback on classifieds might be nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i agree with shawnf, once an item gets past page 3/4 almost no one sees it unless they search for it. as buyer that's not always a bad thing as i've scored some great deals from searching for items that have fallen back a few weeks but as a seller it is a bit inconvenient to have to bump your own post.

one thing i'd like to see is more sellers refreshing their post so when an item is sold the rest of us know it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that would be a great idea, especially if you include a way to specify for womens. So someone looking for a wetsuit could search for women's. It's hard to find women's stuff, but it does show up from time to time, and then it's quickly off the first 3 pages.

It's also hard to find stuff you've posted (not impossible, but not as easy as I would have thought to sort through you own personal posts since they don't always come in chronological order) so if you could look at your classified listing more easily, then items that are sold could be 'deleted' I just sold a bunch of stuff on Craigslist and they have a new account feature, so you can easily go back and delete posting after it was sold. I'm much more inclined to do this if it's easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I pretty much like it the way it is. In fact over the last 4 years I have not bought/sold from any other classified boards/website. Would it be easier to have categories? Probably. Necessary? Probably not, besides I like window shopping everything all at once.

For those c/o things getting past page 3/4 I set my posts per page to 60 or 80 (forgot which) and things hang around much longer on page 1 or 2.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it exactly as is...sometimes someone is selling something that I might not be in the market for, but want anyway!!! :D

Our biggest challenge isn’t someone else. It’s the ache in your lungs. The burning in your legs. And that voice in your head that yells “CAN’T,” but you don’t listen. You just push harder. And then you hear that voice whisper, “can” and you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the person you really are
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think that would be a great idea, especially if you include a way to specify for womens. So someone looking for a wetsuit could search for women's. It's hard to find women's stuff, but it does show up from time to time, and then it's quickly off the first 3 pages.

It's also hard to find stuff you've posted (not impossible, but not as easy as I would have thought to sort through you own personal posts since they don't always come in chronological order) so if you could look at your classified listing more easily, then items that are sold could be 'deleted' I just sold a bunch of stuff on Craigslist and they have a new account feature, so you can easily go back and delete posting after it was sold. I'm much more inclined to do this if it's easy.

IF you go to your userprofile (by clicking on your name in a post) there is an option to see all users posts. (in which case you are the user so it is all your posts).

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
think it works pretty good as it is; only problem i have is "integrity" issues with some folks after we have a deal, but such is life.........

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: Question for you classifieds sellers [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
+1!!!!!!!

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

IF you go to your userprofile (by clicking on your name in a post) there is an option to see all users posts. (in which case you are the user so it is all your posts).
Yep, I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it the way it is. Not sure how easy it would be, but I would love to see a feedback type system. Maybe click on the user's name to see what previous buyers have thought so it doesn't have to be another forum.

Quote | Reply
I like it as it is. Easy to find stuff. Haven't sold anything yet just bought so can't comment on that side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tend to lean towards the idea that more orginization is better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has worked well overall, but is getting to be more of an albatross. I recommend at least making a separate "wanted" forum in addition to the classifieds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with most, Dan. It's good the way it is.... Gary

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feedback would be cool, right now I just look at the member ship history and also if I recognize the ID.

Las Vegas NV | IM KY 07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this because since I find things I don't even know I am looking for, I expect others do the same and that my friend is a bigger market.

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next