Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Indoor Cycling Workouts
Quote | Reply
Just in time for the holiday season. Turbo Crank iC2 is ready for download. The introductory price is $20.00. Use code X5686TH8 for 25% off.
If you purchased Turbo Crank in December or November I will be sending you a free download the the new software.

If you purchased it before that I will be sending out a 50% discount by e-mail.

Turbo Crank is a collection of software-based workouts for cyclists and triathletes that aids in the use of your bike and stationary trainer.

• 7 Week Indoor Cycling Program
  • 3 Workouts Per Week
  • Step by step, easy to follow instructions illustrated visually on your computer
  • A Detailed Manual with instructions on all 21 workouts (Click here for a preview)
  • Tips to make your indoor cycling workout successful
  • Clear and easy to understand explanations of heart rate zones and rate of perceived exertion
  • FREE Lactate Threshold
  • Heart Rate Test
  • Mac or PC Compatible
These workouts are geared to the cyclist with a mag, fluid trainer, that wants to do a more structured workout. It has some educational elements for beginners and something for the more advanced riders too. I know a lot of the more advanced members here use power and more sophisticated indoor training devices so these may not be for you but take a look anyways, you never know.

Feel free to send it to anyone else you think would be interested.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by: cupajoe: Dec 16, 11 3:45
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [cupajoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is your % profit sharing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For 11 bucks, I'll give it a try. Is there anything preventing me from copying it to a flashdrive or burning it to a dvd?
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [GAscott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Copy the whole folder.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nope. Copy the whole folder.

Thanks, I didn't want it stuck on one computer like WKO+
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought it and now have in on my PC. Is there any way to play it on an iPad? It looks like it's a Flash program; is this right? BTW, cool program
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [KauaiHigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is built in flash and packaged as an .exe. I need to learn how to use the iPhone packager. It plays on the new Samsung tablet very nicely. Come back to the forum with a review after you've used it for a while. Thanks for buying it.
Joe

Quote | Reply
bumping, since I think 12 workouts for 11 bucks is a good deal
Last edited by: GAscott: Dec 8, 10 14:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought this as well and have been enjoying it so far - nice job, especially for a first effort. The layout is intelligent and the workouts are keeping my interest.

Couple of suggestions for future releases:

- Timer doesn't seem to be 100% accurate; workout #2, for example, shows 64-minutes start to finish, but I've done it twice now, and both times it only went 57 minutes in "real time."

- Allow some "slop" time to swap feet during the 1-leg exercises - like maybe a 5-second cushion between each set to allow people to unclip/clip/reposition and go.

Thanks again for the discount code and seriously - nice work on the program. I was on the verge of buying a few Spinervals but am happy with your program so you saved me a boatload of $$.
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [geekysteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the feedback and kind words.

I will take everything you are suggesting into consideration for improvements in the next version of Turbo Crank.

geekysteve, Thanks for the heads up on the timing issue for the Mac version. So far, it looks like it could have to do with how well a computer handles video. On PC's the timing is almost bang on. I guess everything is easier on a Mac;)

I will put a post in the Support Blog about this issue.

Thanks again,

Joe

Quote | Reply
Looks nice. I'll likely give it a try after the weekend. I like this sort of thing that you can just run on a laptop next to the trainer and thus free up the TV for something more interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes it is built in flash and packaged as an .exe. I need to learn how to use the iPhone packager. It plays on the new Samsung tablet very nicely. Come back to the forum with a review after you've used it for a while. Thanks for buying it.
Joe

Does it play on the Samsung Galaxy S phones as well, or just the Samsung Galaxy Tab? If it will run on the Galaxy S phone, do you need Android 2.2 OS or can you run it with Android 2.1 OS with Flash 10.1 installed? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are 12 workouts the initial and more will be added later?

Any plans for power based workouts?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [tkeru408] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Does it play on the Samsung Galaxy S phones as well, or just the Samsung Galaxy Tab? If it will run on the Galaxy S phone, do you need Android 2.2 OS or can you run it with Android 2.1 OS with Flash 10.1 installed? Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. My Galaxy S runs on Android 2.1 and there is no Flash for it and 2.2 (Froyo) is not yet released.
I suspect it won't work on my phone until I get flash.

The program looks really good though!
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [mgalanter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless your provider won't allow it, Flash 10.1 can now be downloaded and installed on Samsung Galaxy S phones running Android 2.1. Just Google "flash on Samsung Galaxy S 2.1" and go to the first link (addictivetips.com).
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [tkeru408] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for the feedback.

I've only tested the sample workout on the Samsung tablet. I will have to do some work to package all the workouts to play on an Android device. Ideally it should be programed in the Android and/or iPad languages and not Flash.

Anyone interested in getting in on the ground floor of this? If you have or know anyone that has iPad/Android programing experience, have them contact me.

Quote | Reply
Please add my name to your PM list when this gets iPadized - very eager to run these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem, and I suspect you're correct about the timing - I ran through 3 more workouts this week and all were almost exactly 5 minutes "faster" than what they're quoted as.

No big deal, regardless - for a first effort, this is a fantastic product. I'm really enjoying it, so thanks again for creating it and sharing it here with us.

Oh - one more minor thing; on workout #2, there's a spelling error in one of the directions for one of the last segments; "RPE" is spelled as "PRE." If you're in there fixing things, that might be an easy one to take care of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the updated version! Great customer service, and I didn't even complain about it.
Last edited by: GAscott: Dec 14, 10 18:31
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone wants an iPad version, let me know. I built something similar last year.

No charge. I'm a web designer and built it for fun.

Click on the link below to see a demo.
http://alexmather.com/ProductDesign.php

Then click on "The Velorama" demo. I have some full workouts programmed with video (or no video) in a pw protected alpha site. Again, totally free.

I do the workouts on my iPad all of the time and it works in any web browser. You will require an internet connection, though.

-alex
http://alexmather.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have an updated discount code? I tried the one listed here and it's no longer valid. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [mloomis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That code should work. Here it is again: 5364IZZ2

Enter it at the discount for a 25% savings.

Watch soon for the Turbo Crank 12 day challenge to win t-shirts and a jersey.

Joe

Quote | Reply
Just downloaded, looking forward to using this. Much cheaper then going out and buying some of the other Spin videos. Do you send out updates to all who have purchased the program?????
Quote Reply
Re: New Indoor Cycling Workouts [mpddy01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Kyle,

Hope you like them. Yes I send out updates free of charge.

Joe

Quote | Reply
Great job!!!! (and on the first release)
I can’t wait to see how this app evolves…… I am recommending this app to everyone….
Quote Reply

Prev Next