Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Stinger 6 wheel set
Quote | Reply
HED Stinger 6 FR all Carbon (shimano 10 /11 speed) tubular wheel set.

Two seasons, super low mileage < 1,000 miles, racing only, no crashes.

Ti skewers and Challenger file tread tires included. (Edit since original post to include tires.)
Shipping and cassette not included.

$1,100 for the pair.

They are aero with 60 mm deep carbon rims. But more importantly they are fast in all wind conditions and are great in the corners as well. Here's what HED says about them that I found to be true and then some: "Speed, even when confined just to wheels, involves more than just low drag. Tire efficiency, cornering speed, handling, strength and stiffness, and even comfort are important factors for overall speed. The C2 tire well secures the tire in a wider and slightly deeper 'cradle'. With increased support of the tire carcass, sidewall flexion is reduced, and less flexion vastly increases cornering stability and general handling. It also improves tire efficiency. One hard corner at speed will show you just how much the C2 well decreases tire wash under heavy loading."

Last edited by: Madison: Sep 23, 14 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: HED Stinger 6 wheel set [Madison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weekend bump - nice wheel set waiting for a new owner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what else would i need to get these on a '14 PS? (sorry for the newbie question)
Quote Reply
Re: HED Stinger 6 wheel set [chiquipartner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

No worries about the question, however, you'll need to tell me what "'14 PS" means as I am not sure how to respond! :)

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha sorry meant a 2014 P2. thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: HED Stinger 6 wheel set [chiquipartner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, got it now. :)

Should not require anything special on your part other than buying a set of tubular tires and having them glued onto the wheels. You may need to adjust the brakes to open them up a little wider as the rims on these wheels are a bit wider (makes them more aerodynamic and also makes for a smoother ride).

The wheels would work well on your bike - you will be so much faster! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still available - a really niece set of wheels.
Quote Reply