Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by AnthonyS
Last edited by: AnthonyS: Sep 14, 15 10:56
Re: Felt B16 tri bike 52cm upgraded, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, 105 brakes; maybe Felt F5 LTD 51cm [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you PM on the 105 brakes last night.

Thanks - Neil
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 tri bike 52cm upgraded, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, 105 brakes; maybe Felt F5 LTD 51cm [crashnburn07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$100 price drop on bike and price reductions on other items too.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 tri bike 52cm upgraded, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, 105 brakes; maybe Felt F5 LTD 51cm [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the helmet size for the LG Rocket?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 tri bike 52cm upgraded, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, 105 brakes; maybe Felt F5 LTD 51cm [awjirik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Medium 56-59cm.

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Added Zipp 808 rear, both helmets are size Medium.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B16 is gone, updated items from bike tear down. Also my beautiful Felt F5 with Force groupset is now for sale. Try making a bike as nice for the price, I dare you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

What is the width of the rim and where are you located?

Thanks,
Henry
Last edited by: hwangnyc: Jul 28, 15 6:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the bayonet bars still available? Do you have pics?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, Zipp 808 rear; 105 crank; Dura Ace brakes; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm for the aero 20
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, Zipp 808 rear; 105 crank; Dura Ace brakes; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sold items removed, new items added, and photos uploaded for new items. Enjoy. Also feel free to make me offers on items. I will readily take things on trade like silver, gold, good wines, ammunition, maybe even car parts..... you never know unless you ask.

Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets, Zipp 808 rear; 105 crank; Dura Ace brakes; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent for the Cobb saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets; 105 crank; Dura Ace brakes; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Thanks

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets; 105 crank; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit; 105 derailleurs [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you consider selling the Zipp Vuka Alumina Clip Ons without the extensions? I busted the left pad holder on mine and Zipp doesn't sell replacement parts. Trisports coudln't help much either. No sense in owning multiple extensions and mine are nearly maxed out uncut anyways.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets; 105 crank; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit; 105 derailleurs [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle, as much as I'd like to help I can't really do that. I'm considering keeping these for my next bike already. I'd have to sell them complete or not at all. I can't believe Zipp isn't replacing it unless it's crash damage or something along those lines. These are expensive for what they are IMO.

Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets; 105 crank; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit; 105 derailleurs [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply.

The piece that holds the pad to the extension broke a couple months post warranty. That bike rarely goes outside and I'm a nut about proper torque. Trisports said they talked to Zipp and nothing could be done. Zipp certainly won't be getting any more of my money if I can help it.

I'll think it over and check back on if the whole set is still here. That's still a bit less expensive than buying the whole mount kit new.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F5 LTD Force Grouppo 51cm, Zipp Vuka clip ons, aero helmets; 105 crank; Felt TTR aero wheels; Cobb V Flow white; Felt Bayonet Cockpit; 105 derailleurs [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

The piece that holds the pad to the extension broke a couple months post warranty. That bike rarely goes outside and I'm a nut about proper torque. Trisports said they talked to Zipp and nothing could be done. Zipp certainly won't be getting any more of my money if I can help it.

I'll think it over and check back on if the whole set is still here. That's still a bit less expensive than buying the whole mount kit new.

Did the part break or just the hole strip out? If it's just the hole it can be repaired pretty easily and actually be stronger. It's amazing to me that bike companies haven't started putting proper thread inserts into a aluminum to prevent the stripped hole problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both holes stripped out. I was riding outside this year and the arm pad started flopping around. I hadn't turned a screw on it in a long time and somehow both holes must have lost their threads at some point (I know, I know.....nobody is ever JRA and something breaks like that). The screws were basically keeping the pad holder on by cantilevering.

Jamming a larger screw in there won't work since it would catch on the unthreaded part. I'm not sure there are helicoils small enough to fit in that bottom threaded part since it's fairly short. If you know of a way it can "be repaired pretty easily and actually be stronger" I'm interested. That would definitely save some money too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes they make Helicoils small enough for this repair. You can actually cut them and make them only a few threads tall and they will still work. They will actually work a whole lot better than inserting the screws into aluminum. I'd get a helicoil kit of the appropriate size and go to town.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like some weekend fun.

Thanks Anthony!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only recommendation is to cut for the helicoil slowly since you will be tapping the aluminum and use lots of lubricant. WD40 will work fine for hand cutting. You want to cut the metal nice and slow. Work the tap back and forth and make small chips. Then use some good old fashioned blue loc tite when you insert the coils and then thread the bolts up immediately. Aluminum is a really sorry metal for threading steel machine screws into and that is the majority of the problem with most bike parts these days (stems, seat posts, clip ons etc.). They need to include threaded inserts into the OEM manufacturing process. They can thread better than anyone can hand tap and then insert steel inserts, and this problem would go away. Yes it would raise costs a bit, but it would improve part durability immeasurably.

The problem is that the torque your steel fastener is designed for cannot be held by simply threading into aluminum. For this reason I use the minimum torque necessary to hold the part (e.g. keep the seat post from slipping, or keep the handle bars from rotating in the stem). I never actually torque these parts because I know repeated torqueing WILL pull out the threads in aluminum. I guarantee it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price drops

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Item updates and price drop on Felt F5.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B16 frameset for sale and price drop on crankset. Fleabay coming soon if these don't move. Thanks, slowtwitch!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any components on the bike or solely frame/fork?
Quote Reply

Prev Next