Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS - Serotta Concours 58cm frameset
Quote | Reply
About 3 years ago I bought a NOS Serotta Concours frameset from a local bike shop, Spokes, Inc., in the Washington, DC area and intended to build it for ultracycling and long distance triathlon events. However, when I finally got around to building it up this spring and test road it, I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was.

The shop measured my using the Fit Kit, then sold me a 58cm frameset, with a 58cm top tube. In addition, they told me that I should use a 130 stem. Bottom
line is that I have gone to two other high performance shops and they tell me the reason I am uncomfortable on the bike is that it is too big - I need a 55/56
with a 100 or 110 stem.

So, I am selling it and buying another.

The frame is virtually new, with a small rub mark on the right front fork blade. It has a 1" head tube and a threaded fork. I am selling it with a NEW Chris King threaded headset installed and two Profile quill stems (90cm and 110). The bike decals are the lime green color and photos can be provided upon request. I have ridden it for less than 30 miles.

I paid $1800 for the frameset alone and would like to get about $1000 or so for it, or best offer.

Please give it a good home.

"The men who try to do something and fail, are infinitely better off than those who try to do nothing and succeed." Lloyd James
Quote Reply