Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS - Computrainer (with some sort of problem) $400
Quote | Reply
I bought 2 CTs from a guy on ST last winter. I used one and sold the other last year.

The one I kept (and am now hoping to sell) worked great all winter last year (04/05), but I can't get my computer to recognize it this year. Nothing has changed...same computer, same cables, etc. I am able to get the handlebar controller to recognize the signal from the trainer unit, but I'm not able to get the signal from the handlebar unit to the computer. I don't have time to keep screwing with it and can't reach the CT help line to discuss it because of my work hours. I've followed the FAQ suggestions in the manual and online and am still unable to get the thing working.

I really have no idea what the problem is. It could be a simple as fiddling with the cables, it may be as bad as having to replace the handlebar unit.

The software is the Pro 3D version. The software disk is a copy of the original. I always make a backup of these types of disks, and in this case that turned out to be a good thing since the original has disappeared. I have re-loaded the program off of this backup disk and it installed fine.

PLEASE be aware that the unit isn't currently working. I t has in the past and with some adjustment, which might involve further investment by the buyer, it should work again. I'd hate to sell it to someone who skimmed this posting and wasn't aware of that.

I'd be glad to answer any questions. I'm at work and the CT is at home, so it could take 24 hours to get back to you if it involves getting my hands on the CT.
Quote Reply
Re: FS - Computrainer (with some sort of problem) $400 [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The comm port setting probably got switched or the cable is bad. Someon e should buy this and get a fantastic deal.
Quote Reply
Re: FS - Computrainer (with some sort of problem) $400 [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the graphics card on my notebook was not supportive of the curent version.

A free download from the internet and it worked just fine - I also removed the serial to usb connection and went straight to a serial port connection - no problems whatsoever.

I agree - this is a steal for someone
Quote Reply
Re: FS - Computrainer (with some sort of problem) $400 [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've received a number of PMs on this and wanted to let everyone know that I'll work my way through them in the order received. I'll put up a message when/if it is sold.

Thanks,
Colin
Quote Reply
Re: FS - Computrainer (with some sort of problem) $400 [Colin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOLD!
Quote Reply