Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FS: S-Works Martini Shiv
Quote | Reply

Many of you may be familiar with this bike and the long story regarding it. Anyways, just looking to create some space to start the next project. For those that aren't familiar, this is a custom painted Specialized S-Works Shiv in a size 495 (size Large). To make a long story short, the bike was assembled once but was never ridden. My ultimate goal was to have it done and ready to put on display at Rennsport Reunion IV in October 2011 at Laguna Seca. I had sent it to a shop in Colorado to have Di2 internally routed by a mechanic referred to me by Specialized who also wrenches for some pro Triathletes. It was pretty unheard of to install Di2 internally on this frame without drilling into the frame, but they were able to do it by only drilling into the top cap which isn’t functional to the frame and modifying the internal wiring harness. When I got the bike back from the shop, it arrived with the handlebars over turned and this caused the paint to chip. The bike shop said they would take responsibility and they would have a local bike painting shop touch it up. When I got the bike back after the touch up, the color was off, and it as damaged in shipping again. I told the shop to send me the frame back, and I had it sent back to the original painter to get touched up correctly. For the last 2+ years the frame has been hanging as a piece of art work in my living room. Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to give some background and disclose the info. The bike comes with everything the module original came with including brakes, s-works crank, seat post, etc.

I know it takes the right person to appreciate the design and effort that went into the process. Obviously I am a little bit emotionally attached to it since I put some much time and effort into it, but I am sure another Porsche purist or car fanatic may appreciate it just as much. It would look great on the road, but does look quite nice in an office or garage as an art piece. If you have any questions, would like to see more pics, etc, just let me know. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Last edited by: mile2424: Oct 8, 14 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be in a museum
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i literally cannot like this hard enough
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the 935 have a roof rack option? ;) Beautiful bike.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
Did the 935 have a roof rack option? ;) Beautiful bike.

I guess this kinda counts...

http://flatsixes.com/...record-bicycle-rude/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mile2424 wrote:

I know it takes the right person to appreciate the design and effort that went into the process. Obviously I am a little bit emotionally attached to it since I put some much time and effort into it, but I am sure another Porsche purist or car fanatic may appreciate it just as much.

Come on now... you know a true Porsche enthusiast doesn't have enough money left for anything after all the maintenance and upgrades :) I'm about to drop a few $$ on an IMS retrofit.

I imagine an offer you can't refuse wouldn't be anywhere close to what I can afford... as I think you had it listed on ebay for around $10k, correct?

Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
mile2424 wrote:

I know it takes the right person to appreciate the design and effort that went into the process. Obviously I am a little bit emotionally attached to it since I put some much time and effort into it, but I am sure another Porsche purist or car fanatic may appreciate it just as much.

Come on now... you know a true Porsche enthusiast doesn't have enough money left for anything after all the maintenance and upgrades :) I'm about to drop a few $$ on an IMS retrofit.

I imagine an offer you can't refuse wouldn't be anywhere close to what I can afford... as I think you had it listed on ebay for around $10k, correct?

PM sent. And to put some what of a ball park on the price. I would have to think pretty hard about an offer at 5k. That's pretty much where I stand price wise at the moment for anyone potentially interested.
Last edited by: mile2424: Oct 8, 14 21:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you send me more info (use the contact link on ours site) I would be happy to post a story about it for you on our site. Probably a better chance of it selling to a Porsche fan over there. Looks interesting!

Paula (a.k.a., Pepper Girl)
http://FLATSIXES.com
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [peppergirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, a story in Panorama is warranted. Beautiful!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [RK250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RK250 wrote:
Indeed, a story in Panorama is warranted. Beautiful!

Thanks for the kind words!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump to the top....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
250.00 and you get piece of mind knowing it will get ridden like a 10dollar crack whore hooker.

Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha wish I could, but that doesn't help me start my next project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If getting desperate I'll give you 2k for it haha, I want it bad, but don't have that sort of budget.
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [BentoTho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BentoTho wrote:
If getting desperate I'll give you 2k for it haha, I want it bad, but don't have that sort of budget.
Cheers

Won't go that low but if you come up a little we can talk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent you a pm mate
Quote Reply
Re: FS: S-Works Martini Shiv [BentoTho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bumpity bump...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
posted on auction site to see if that helps find any buyers...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply

Prev Next