Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Hed3 Clincher Rear Wheel
Quote | Reply
Not the wheel set, unless you make me one amazing offer I cannot refuse. :)

The wheel is in great shape--no out of roundness or hop noticed. There are a couple cosmetic scratches, but absolutely nothing structural. I've used this wheel very little, as I tend to find myself on a covered powertap.

$400 + shipping. I have a bevy of 9- and 10-speed cassettes that I can mount if you'd like. This freehub won't take 11-speed as it stands, but I'm not sure if it can be replaced. I can also add an used-once Bontrager AW19 tire for $30--they're pretty much made for each other.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Last edited by: Derf: Sep 1, 14 18:46
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Hed3 Clincher Rear Wheel [Derf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just FYI, HED says that you cannot switch out the hub for an 11-speed on the H3 or any of their discs because those wheels can't be redished, which is a requirement of the hub swap. Otherwise I'd be interested.

https://hedcycling.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=121&adminPreview=1
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Hed3 Clincher Rear Wheel [Anando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, bummer. It'd take an awfully enterprising person to use this in an 11 speed (machining the cassette, likely), which isn't difficult, but also not expected.

Like this:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=123742&start=15

The good thing is, there's TONS of space to the actual trispoke, so it's not like a normal wheel were you're worried about hitting the spokes.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfamiliar with Hed3 -- what Co adapter do you use to inflate?...and you open to sell as wheelset?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Hed3 Clincher Rear Wheel [barkada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Barkada,

I'm able to get my Joe Blow pump head in on a 30-40mm length valve. Other folks have needed to use a crack pipe adapter. A short valve stem is also important as the rim sets it slightly at an angle outward (so as to make it easier to get a pump on there). Anything much longer than 45mm sticks out beyond the side, which can't be good for drag.

Michelin 36mm latex tubes are the shortest I know of and work well. It'd be lovely if there were something even shorter.

Perhaps my soul isn't for sale, but, for a given price, even it may be. ;-) PM me and we can work out a deal on the wheelset there. I have a few AW19 tires so we could set you out well.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you consider selling the front alone for the right price? If you have one in mind, pm me
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Hed3 Clincher Rear Wheel [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll let you know, but my priority is to selling the rear wheel (or wheel set). I still race the front presently.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok let me know. Motivated buyer
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Hed3 Clincher Rear Wheel [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interested in the rear only. 700C? any idea what year the wheel is?

Thanks,
GS
Quote Reply