Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLD: Flo Disc Deal $150 + shipping
Quote | Reply
This is a 1st-gen disc, 10-speed Shimano cassette body. With the foam lining. Bought on this forum maybe 18 months ago.

The bearing is smooth as new. Wheel is as true as new. There is no damage whatsoever. Cosmetically it's pretty good too. A few days ago I used it to place 2nd in Cat-1/2 in my district 40K TT.

So why so cheap?

Two reasons.

1) The fairing is slightly asymmetrical. It bulges out maybe 2-3mm at point, so that you if you spin the wheel, the distance between the fairing and the stays varies similarly to what it would look like if the wheel were out of true. (But the wheel isn't out of true). Flo told me this is completely normal, and pretty much all their discs have that. But it comes very close to causing issues on my Felt DA. I have to line up the wheel just right so it doesn't rub. But it *does* work on the DA.

2) It often makes a "whomp" noise once per revolution at low speeds. This isn't the good whomp noise. It goes away at high speed - or at least I don't notice it. I suspect the noise is caused by the fairing deforming just slightly. Sometimes it goes away entirely. Flo told me to send the wheel back so they could look at it, but I haven't - too lazy, and the wheel works. You just stand out a bit rolling to the line with all the noise.

Here is the disc on my DA. I can send some more details pics if anyone's interested.

Last edited by: trail: May 25, 16 16:28
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Flo Disc Deal $150 + shipping [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know if the first falls through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still for sale??
trail wrote:
This is a 1st-gen disc, 10-speed Shimano cassette body. With the foam lining. Bought on this forum maybe 18 months ago.

The bearing is smooth as new. Wheel is as true as new. There is no damage whatsoever. Cosmetically it's pretty good too. A few days ago I used it to place 2nd in Cat-1/2 in my district 40K TT.

So why so cheap?

Two reasons.

1) The fairing is slightly asymmetrical. It bulges out maybe 2-3mm at point, so that you if you spin the wheel, the distance between the fairing and the stays varies similarly to what it would look like if the wheel were out of true. (But the wheel isn't out of true). Flo told me this is completely normal, and pretty much all their discs have that. But it comes very close to causing issues on my Felt DA. I have to line up the wheel just right so it doesn't rub. But it *does* work on the DA.

2) It often makes a "whomp" noise once per revolution at low speeds. This isn't the good whomp noise. It goes away at high speed - or at least I don't notice it. I suspect the noise is caused by the fairing deforming just slightly. Sometimes it goes away entirely. Flo told me to send the wheel back so they could look at it, but I haven't - too lazy, and the wheel works. You just stand out a bit rolling to the line with all the noise.

Here is the disc on my DA. I can send some more details pics if anyone's interested.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Flo Disc Deal $150 + shipping [maqrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following up with the first poster tonight - I'll post more detailed pictures here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will pay $200 if still available
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Flo Disc Deal $150 + shipping [Childress5tyler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current status is that I'm still pending with the first responder....will follow up if that falls through.
Quote Reply