Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

[SOLD] FS: 2008 HED Jet C2 60/90 Wheelset
Quote | Reply
This is 23mm C2, but pre-SCT. Non-Flamme Rouge (FR didn't exist in 2009, I don't think). Shimano 10sp. No stickers. $250 + shipping, or pickup in San Diego.

These things have a shit-ton of miles. I'm going to guess around 30K miles. Lived harder than Keith Richards. Crits, IMs, road races, and tons of training. But are in much, much better shape than Keith. Never crashed. Never been out of true except a few broken spokes which were professionally re-laced. The carbon is in excellent shape, no scratches at all. There is some residue on the carbon around the valve stem area on both wheels. This is tire sealant residue. I was going to try to scrape it off, but decided it wasn't worth the risk of scratching up the carbon, so the buyer can deal with that if they want to.

The brake track, I believe, is in great shape. This wheelset, I don't think, has ever had the little wear indicators on many HED wheels. So I can't be sure. But there are no significant imperfections on the tracks, no indications of significant wear, and, in my opinion, could easily handle another 30K miles.

The front wheel has Veloplugs. The rear has some oldish Velox cloth rim tape. I'll throw in a baggy of yellow Veloplugs for free - more than enough to Veloplug up the rear if the buyer wants 'em.

Mis-matched HED skewers are included. Not sure how they got mis-matched, but they're clearly not the same HED skewer. No tires included.

The notoriously soft HED freehub body has more notches than George Clooney's bedpost. To be honest I had a bit of an ordeal getting the cassette off to take the pictures, so getting one back on might require a bit of filing. Or just buy a new freehub body from hub. (get the 12mm "Gold" Sonic freehub body, not the newer one)

The bearings have been replaced several times over the years, and the current set is silky smooth.

Only selling because I got indoctrinated by the Flo cult, and have been force-fed Flo Kool-Aid. I've raced successfully on these HEDs all summer, though.

Last edited by: trail: Jul 28, 14 20:20
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2008 HED Jet C2 60/90 Wheelset [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interested. Can you PM me your email?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2008 HED Jet C2 60/90 Wheelset [phyde2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a sale close to pending and two people in line behind him, so these are effectively gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well just it case, it never hurts to be next in line if the others fall through, pm me if the others don't work out.
Quote Reply