Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enough With the Tri Gear: 1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Black w/Case
Quote | Reply
I've been an STer for years and I even occasionally stray from the LR into the tri forum (but only occasionally and not for a few years...I'd rather argue politics and religion in the LR LOL!). Anyway, I'm slimming down my guitar collection (but never my tri bike collection ;-) and am parting with my 1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Black, with the hard shell case.

It's all-original except for the high-value pearloid pickguard. It's a player, but a gently used player and there's very little evidence of wear, including to the frets. This thing can WAIL. Kind of like Eric Clapton when he wails on his black Strat (called "Blackie," funnily enough). Only I ain't as good as Slowhand (but probably better than Slowman hahahaha!).

Alder body, maple fingerboard (for speedy playing and a great tone) and maple neck. It also comes with the whammy bar, which isn't pictured.

Asking $750 or best offer. More pictures available upon request, and I might ship to international locations -- though that would cost you more. Lower 48 shipping in the case, plus shipping box, runs anywhere from $45 to $65, depending on desired shipping time (UPS Ground is the best deal) and distance. Generally, finding a '98 American Standard Strat on Ebay or Reverb means you're looking at $899, minimum, for one that may not be as nice as this ax.

C'mon, you can only ride that bike for so long, and guitar playing (especially rock 'n roll guitar playing) is a pleasant break from developing the ultimate aerobic machine, right? Or maybe your hopeful rock star kid wants to move from that discount, entry-level guitar up to pro-level gear? Well, problem solved! And this one will officially be a vintage ax in '18. Bonus!

PM me if you're curious about this guitar or if you want more pictures or to discuss terms. Thanks!

Tony

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 1, 17 14:50
Quote Reply