Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers
Quote | Reply
I've been bugging De Soto for months now to dig deep on a Skin Cooler discount for Slowtwitchers. You might be a big fan of some of De Soto's products, less a fan of something else this company makes, but my personal investigation, as a user, and the feedback I constantly hear, is that many companies try, none succeed, in matching De Soto in this product category.

De Soto invented the category, and Emilio gave it it the name back in 2004 that is now so commonly used by all brands. De Soto has a newer version which offers even more sun protection, so Slowtwitch readers get the first crack at what is left of the originals.

Product Code: AC
https://www.desotosport.com/product/AC
MSRP: $34.00
Slowtwitch Price: 40% off ($20.40) by using this code at checkout DISCAC401015
Colors: White, Black
Sizes XS, S, M, L, XL

Check the website for choices of very reasonable shipping options. Shipping is free on all orders over $125.00. All sales are final, no refunds, no exchanges. Please allow 3 weeks from date of order for delivery.
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 21, 14 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just tried this. The website said the code has expired. Any advice?

Robert Vanderburg
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [tw3nty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2

tw3nty wrote:

age is just a number after your name
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [tw3nty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X3

tw3nty wrote:

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The code worked for me when I chose PayPal as the payment method. It didn't work when I chose CC.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Mike, The code has worked for everyone but 3 people who have posted here. We are getting orders as we speak by people using credit cards and not just paypal. I encourage you to try it again before these sell out! Perhaps consider just copying and pasting the code, and if that does not work, try refreshing your browser!

Reminder to all, this offer is valid until we sell out which may be within the next few days.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Oct 21, 14 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ref,

The code has worked for everyone but 3 people who have posted here. We are getting orders as we speak by people using credit cards and not just paypal. I encourage you to try it again before these sell out! Perhaps consider just copying and pasting the code, and if that does not work, try refreshing your browser!

Reminder to all, this offer is valid until we sell out which may be within the next few days.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny, I happen to click on the link and then see a picture that is familiar. Smile

I'm 1529 and sent the pics to Emilo years ago.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio
Would these also act as arm warmers in cooler weather? I ask because in the summer I tend to start my rides early in the morning when it's cool out. Then by my end of the ride late morning it can sometimes get rather hot. Wondering if these would work in both situations.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
De sota makes some good stuff they just don;t get there name out there enough
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This product and the fabric it is made of will keep you cool only once it become wet either from sweat, or from actually applying water to it. So if you are leaving on early cool morning rides, you will benefit from wearing them to keep you warm, until you are into the warmer part of the ride, then they will keep you cool. Hurry we only have few left in each size!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your very kind words.

We have been in business for over 25 years and we have purposely kept the company the size we have in order to maintain the soul of what we do, while carving a modest living enjoying the athlete lifestyle we and most of our employees maintain here in San Diego. Fortunately we do not have to answer to shareholders or grow stock price, but rather we choose to work very attractive hours that leave our employees with afternoons and weekends to train outside and in daylight, even in the winter months. We do advertise here on ST as well as in a number of other publications and we have found a nice balance between what we spend and the return on that advertising budget. Our goal has never been to be the biggest triathlon company, just the best....best in product and best in personal to the retailers who carry our product and the customer who buys our product. You can say that we are driven by a balance between work, fun, fitness and competition rather than by money.

I am not what you mean by getting our "name out there enough" as we feel we get the name out there as much as we want and need, but I would love to learn this from you if you have time. My email address is emilio@desotosport.com.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't work for me the other day, but worked just now. I have these and the leg skin coolers, both are awesome, I used them for IM Branson 70.3 back in 2012. Great product!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [beniger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on Beniger,

Thanks for your kind words and for your order.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7.15 shipping on a $20 product. Net 25% discount or $7.00 savings. Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

Quote | Reply
Just another testimony for these. Used the previous version (I think that is this version being discounted here?) last year for HIM and IM, and just a few months ago used the new version (different fabric, higher SPF protection) at IMLOU. Absolutely love how this system works. The only drawback that I "think" might be is in super muggy/humid/hot conditions where the moisture is not evaporating out as quickly?

Anyhow if I'm right it's very minor and specific to conditions that it might not be ideal to. The other 99% of the time I've spend wearing the skin cooler tops have been fantastic and will be racing in these tops all through next year as well.

Hats off to ya Emilio.
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gupster,

Yeah that is the tough psychological battle when a company offers something for such a heavy discount. If you were to drive to store (gas and time is your expense), and buy these at full price, and then pay sales tax in your city/state, you can see where a $34.00 item would end up running you more than you thought.

But I want to see if we can find you a better shipping cost based on where you live. Would you mind emailing me? emilio@desotosport.com.

Emilio De Soto II
Last edited by: Emilio: Oct 24, 14 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Just another testimony for these. Used the previous version (I think that is this version being discounted here?) last year for HIM and IM, and just a few months ago used the new version (different fabric, higher SPF protection) at IMLOU. Absolutely love how this system works. The only drawback that I "think" might be is in super muggy/humid/hot conditions where the moisture is not evaporating out as quickly?

Anyhow if I'm right it's very minor and specific to conditions that it might not be ideal to. The other 99% of the time I've spend wearing the skin cooler tops have been fantastic and will be racing in these tops all through next year as well.

Hats off to ya Emilio.

You are correct in your assessment. Just like anything you use in a race or in training, knowing that nothing is perfect for all conditions (disc wheels, wetsuits with or without sleeves, cold weather gear, etc), we are try to find what works best most of the time.

Thanks for your kind words.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio, is the code still valid? I was going to purchase some other items and thought about adding this one as well. Let me know please! My email address is acatri dot st at gmail dot com

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [aca-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the code is still valid so order up!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It says 'Coupon has Expired'
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Skin Cooler: 40 percent off for Slowtwitchers [aca-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please try it again, thanks.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up that this offer and the coupon code will expire at Midnight Greenwich time (or 4:00 pm San Diego time) Saturday November 1, 2014.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just worked fine for me. Thanks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next