Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Correction ITEM just arrived.
Quote | Reply
Def scam guy....I sent $ for front and rear derailleur 1 week ago. And sent email and Slowtwitch messages every day since and no response. I researched his name before buying and seemed legit as lots of posts for last 3 years and no bad reports. One post was him saying he was young ITU guy looking for sponsorships. He supposedly so multiple items over last year, and works at a LBS. I've been trying to PM anyone that bought anything from him. If any successful buyers out there before he went rogue and scamming please forward some contact info so we can track him down. Another user having same experience with ipads. Also PM a guy that bought a bike from him but he said he used different paypal acct. But he has a name and txt number so if same user maybe a good lead. Any info, pls post up or PM. Hopefully just misunderstanding, we clear up by refund or merchandise delivery quickly.
**ITEM ARRIVED ** thanks for clearing it up.

~ Atkins
Last edited by: okieairforceguy: Nov 30, 15 16:18
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [okieairforceguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he literally just pm'd me about buying parts in a force 22 group i have posted for sale.
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [zerocool5468] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeap...according to his user account he logs on everyday. I check before I PM him, but he won't respond now that he has our PayPal $$. Presumably to buy you stuff. Hopefully I'm wrong and he will now message me and other guy with Ipad issues and clear it up.

~ Atkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okieairforceguy wrote:
Yeap...according to his user account he logs on everyday. I check before I PM him, but he won't respond now that he has our PayPal $$. Presumably to buy you stuff. Hopefully I'm wrong and he will now message me and other guy with Ipad issues and clear it up.

He also apparently uses multiple accounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He just replied....*for some reason** ;) said he was "out of country"...I will give him benefit of doubt. Not much slack, but he has small opportunity to do the right thing and get us the goods or refund $.

~ Atkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Your Derailleurs where shipped to you Ill post the tracking number once I get it from the post office today.
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will all be waiting and watching.

~ Atkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy12 wrote:
Ill post the tracking number once I get it from the post office today.

Sorry, but you are not helping your cause. Anyone who has shipped via the US Postal Service (and most other countries Postal systems), knows that regardless of whether shipping online or in person, if delivery confirmation is requested, you would be given that information as part of the completion of the purchase of the required postage!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Nov 18, 15 7:50
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I've just purchased a bike from triguy12 and have to say that the experience couldn't have been better - the guy has been awesome. Constant updates, real nice attitude, couldn't have done more if I'm honest!
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [Bencolem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear. So there is hope that this is mix up and items show up.

~ Atkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He replied last night but some "mistake" at USPS and promised to ship UPS today and provide track number. Hard to believe still, BUT I'm more than willing to eat crow, apologize, and set record straight if it work out.

~ Atkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy12 wrote:
Your Derailleurs where shipped to you Ill post the tracking number once I get it from the post office today.

Tracking numbers come printed on the receipt from USPS

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, based on the content of the other thread, the evidence strongly supports the assertion that you are being scammed!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not saying this is a scam since I am not involved in it BUT I am involved in my own "dispute" on beginner triathlete and figured I'd share this with everyone.

Scammers don't realize that even though something is paid via PP friends/family you still are protected if you paid via a CC/debit card. You aren't eligible for protection through PP but your bank provide protection as well. If you paid through PP balance then you are SOL but I myself paid with my CC so if my seller doesn't provide information ASAP I'm just disputing it through my CC to get my money back. It was only $40 but hell if I'll let a possible scammer get my $40. If the item shows up after I dispute it, I'll send him the money again but as of now, it looks like I'm without my purchase.

Just a friendly FYI
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [SMartin204] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent point. However, I would recommend paying via PayPal but never as a gift. Even if you, as a buyer, have to pay the seller's paypal fee it's worth it. Relatedly, sellers who scam on transactions that are interstate in nature may be committing wire fraud: 18 USC 1343:
"Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think this works the way you think it does: the CC company simply eats the cost, the scammers still get their money. The CC company does NOT go after the scammer to get their money back.
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you have a crappy bank. I've used my banks protection in a case like this before with zero issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you read what he said? You (the buyer) still get your money back. It's just the card company eats the cost

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SMartin204 wrote:
Well you have a crappy bank. I've used my banks protection in a case like this before with zero issues

I am not trying to start an argument here, it's just that if you think you have an awesome bank that protects your from fraudulent seller by refund you the money, the scamming seller in fact still gets the money. The bank eats that cost, as a cost of doing business and keeping you as a customer. That's why our savings account earns jack on interest and our banking and credit card fees are so high; but that's a topic for another day.

So don't think that you get your money back from your credit card company/bank is equivalent to getting your money back from the seller.
Last edited by: dalava: Nov 19, 15 16:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trust me I'm an accountant, my money doesn't sit in some bank, there are a lot better ways to earn way more and safer too. At the end of the day idc where the money comes from, i just care i get "my" money back.

You will never eliminate scammers and it's the price we pay going after good deals
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SMartin204 wrote:
You will never eliminate scammers and it's the price we pay going after good deals

My point is that someone else is paying the price, not you. And that has to come from somewhere at a cost to someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ladies . . . .
Good news . . . . I think . . . . Got the tracking # last evening
it shows Triguy12 created a label and shipped something on Nov. 19/15 (yesterday) via UPS
Here's hoping it's the (almost new) iPad Mini 2 w/Lifeproof nuud case that was bought and paid for Oct 29/15

A little slow by normal standards but as I said 'poop happens',
here's hoping okieairforceguy get's his front and rear derailleur as well

Thanks for all the help and advise.
P!

Oh . . . . . .Triguy12 . . . . . as promised . . . once the package has been received I'll be glad to do a retraction
not sure if an explanation for the delay is wanted or needed but . . . .
I'll post this on the other thread as well . . . .
P!
Quote Reply
Re: SCAM ALERT - User triguy12 - forum help. [PGS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still sounds awfully fishy to me. 1st said shipped UPS.. then whoops he said he sent USPS and now you got a tracking number from UPS? Weird but ok...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update....I got UPS number last night as well. Hopefully it comes thru and I'll send a public apology and thanks to Mr TRIGUY12.

~ Atkins
Quote Reply

Prev Next