Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buy my Hooker Elite Cat 1 54cm Dura Ace 8 spd, Dupont Specialized Tri Spokes, All original "Legal Speed"
Quote | Reply
     I am out of space and would like to sell this bike to someone who would appreciate it. I raced the wheels this year in IMNC so they have new Conti Competition Tubulars glued on, they have a total of 58 miles on them. The bike was raced a bit in the early 1990's and brought into a shop where I worked to have a new drive train put on. I installed the drive train around 1999 and customer never picked up the bike. He ended up selling it to a pawn shop where I found it. So I am the second owner. We loaned it to a guy who raced B2B 1/2 in 2015. He flew over from France and Air France lost his bike so he raced the Hooker and proceeded to win the Half.

The seat is a Vetta TT Trishock with carbon rails, the base and clip on's are era correct syntace, Dura Ace 8 speed shifters, Chain, Cass, Cranks (172.5mm) Salsa Flip off qr skewers, 1" threaded American Classic headset. 55cm top tube, 54 cm from center of the BB spindle to top of the seat tube. All Gore cables and housing, era correct. Stem is 120mm with a tad bit of corrosion on the top (about a 2cm X.5cm area). The wheels are the original Dupont Made, Specialized logo'd Trispoke with carbon bodies and alloy tubular rims. There is a small amount of corrosion underneath the top tube where there is a mounting hole for what I assume is a race number but it is not noticeable. The bars could use re-wrapping but they are probably, with 90% certainty, the original tape from the original build.

Email me for pics. I may post on Ebay if I can't get a good buyer here. I just know over all the years I have never seen a Hooker of this quality for sale either here or any of the online forums I look at (admittedly that is not very many.) Thanks for reading.

shawn@bikecycleshop.com

"Nothing in life ever just happens. Calculated progression insures your strength."
Shawn Spencer
Bike Cycles
Wilmington, NC
http://www.bikecycleshop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Buy my Hooker Elite Cat 1 54cm Dura Ace 8 spd, Dupont Specialized Tri Spokes, All original "Legal Speed" [Shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is what they call bumping a thread. Check it out as I would love to get this bike into a good home or business where it can be admired by more people. Thanks for looking!

"Nothing in life ever just happens. Calculated progression insures your strength."
Shawn Spencer
Bike Cycles
Wilmington, NC
http://www.bikecycleshop.com
Quote Reply