Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around?
Quote | Reply
Building a 1x11, looking at cx1, if anybody has anything.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a 10 speed CX crankset you can get away with running a Race Face NW chainring. I did that & used an X9 clutch rear derailleur to convert to 1x10 far cheaper than buying the CX1 specific crank & rear D. An X1 or XO1 rear D ought to work if it's 11 speed you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most useful piece of CX1 kit is the front Chainring, keeps the chain on quite nicely without the ramps and longer teeth.

Everything else isn't so necessary, you could just use any derailleur you could get your hands on for the rear. Although, it does look pretty sick... so if you're in it for that reason I don't blame you.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can recreate all of the cx1 functionality with a SRAM 10s shifter, any alternating tooth chainring (wolfstooth and one other company that I forget also sell them), and a SRAM x9 clutch RD for much shorter money than CX1.*

*this is my plan exactly.
Last edited by: myette10: Sep 23, 14 10:06
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [myette10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The chainring will work but for 11-speed You're (I'm hosed) and stuck with the CX-1 RD
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bonafide505 wrote:
The chainring will work but for 11-speed You're (I'm hosed) and stuck with the CX-1 RD

That is correct. If you want 11 speed, you've got to commit to the CX1 RD and there for the SRAM 11 speed shifters.

I race single speed most often so even two gears is a nice break. I certainly won't be picky between 10 or 11.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [myette10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you but all of my wheels are 11-speed so I'd like to maintain the compatibility. I will however buy other aftermarket front chainring
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have any Force Cx1 parts around? [bonafide505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bonafide505 wrote:

I'm not certain of the pricing difference off the top of my head, but an XO1 or X1 rear derailleur would work instead of CX1. CX1 is $250ish from my recollection, but I thought X1 was a good bit less than that. I'm running 10 speed and use an X9 clutch rear; it works flawlessly.
Quote Reply