Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

*SOLD* Alpha 340 wheelset With DA hubs, Gatorskin tires and 1070 Cassette included!
Quote | Reply
   SOLD!!!!

Stans No Tubes Alpha 340 wheelset, Shimano Dura Ace hubs 32 spoke 10 speed freehub body, included skewers, gatorskin tires and 12-26 SRAM 1070 cassette.

Great condition, the rear rim was actually replaced about 3 months ago, used only for road cycling but would be an awesome set of light wheels for cyclocross or an amazing set of training wheels. Tubeless ready, will include two tubeless valve cores so that if you wanted it to be tubeless immediately when you got them, you can! Will come with original Shimano Skewers. Wheels have been serviced/true'd on 8/05/15, hubs/bearings are in great condition.

Price: $240 shipped
Last edited by: PatrickOfSteele: Aug 8, 15 5:20
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha 340 wheelset With DA hubs, Shimano R500 wheelset, SRAM Red 10 speed cassette [PatrickOfSteele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the r500 10 or 11 speed?
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha 340 wheelset With DA hubs, Shimano R500 wheelset, SRAM Red 10 speed cassette [PatrickOfSteele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in the cassette. Do you know if it is OG or XG 1090? Can you post a picture? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha 340 wheelset With DA hubs, Shimano R500 wheelset, SRAM Red 10 speed cassette [Nasty73Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's the old school, solid red backed cassette. I can post pictures tomorrow when I am back from work though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have a weight for the 340s? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpha 340 wheelset With DA hubs, Shimano R500 wheelset, SRAM Red 10 speed cassette [ninjaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quick update: it is a SRAM OG cassette, pictures added

to answer the question of weight, I don't have a scale and I honestly haven't ever weighed them.

But the rough estimation would be the following:

Alpha 340 rim x2: 700 grams total
Dura ace hubs: 355 grams
64 spokes *assuming 7.5 grams per*: 480

grand total: 1535 grams *this of course doesn't include the rim tape which I can only assume is negligible or adds like...10 grams.

This is again, a rough estimation. I can tell you these wheels are pretty damn light, they spin up SUPER fast and I've used them in a local race and was able to hold my own against a bunch of guys with carbon tubular wheels. I can get a more accurate weight tomorrow when I swing by my LBS.
Last edited by: PatrickOfSteele: Aug 5, 15 12:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to bump again, but dropped the price of the SRAM red cassette to $60 shipped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last bump for this thread, but I wanted to add some photos now that I have them back from the LBS after getting serviced/true'd

The wheels are ready to be boxed up!

The last thing I need to mention that I forgot is that the spokes are not the same, the front spokes are Sapim CX-rays, and the rear spokes are DT swiss
Quote Reply