Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

150 Square taper cranks + Dura-Ace 7800 172.5
Quote | Reply

Lots of short cranks available. Prices are suggested. Make an offer. Photos below

* High Sierra Cycles 150mm 110 BCD. Square taper. No chainrings. Scratched a little but never used. $100 shipped (CONUS only)

http://www.hscycle.com/.../customcrankset.html

* High Sierra Cycles 150mm 130 BCD. Square taper. No chainrings. Scratched a little but never used. $100 shipped (CONUS only)

HS Cycles 130BCD

HS Cycles 110 BCD

* Promax 150mm 110 BCD. Brand new. Square taper. No chainrings. $50 shipped to CONUS.

* And a NOT SHORT Dura-ace 7800 crankset with chainrings. 172.5mm $70 shipped.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Nov 15, 17 14:09
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb; HS Custom; 1X; 145; 150; 155 [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Photos of Dura-ace and Promax cranks:

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb; HS Custom; 1X; 145; 150; 155 [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did any of those combinations yield a Q factor under 130? My "on the cheap" efforts at this have so far been unsuccessful. Today was my last go and I just could not get it to clear both sides. And then I got a little too aggressive with the grinder and ruined the arm I was trying. which was a shame because it was about 123 or 124mm.
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb; HS Custom; 1X; 145; 150; 155 [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdw wrote:
So did any of those combinations yield a Q factor under 130?

Nope. I will be selling some Campy track cranks that are at 130, but they are 165mm long.

Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb and others 145; 150; 155 (priced cheap!) [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bumped for big price drop.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the Dura Ace cranks 130 BCD?
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb; HS Custom; 1X; 145; 150; 155 [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Are the Dura Ace cranks 130 BCD?

yes.

Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb and others 145; 150; 155 (priced cheap!) [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Sold Cobb 145 cranks. Some price drops on others.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take the Cobb 155's. Let me know the payment details. I'm assuming Paypal.

Thanks,

Chris White
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:

Lots of short cranks available. Prices are suggested. Make an offer. Photos below

* Cobb 155mm, alloy 110BCD with 52/36 chainrings. GXP Style. These were installed once but never used (chainrings are untouched). $175 shipped (CONUS only)

https://cobbcycling.com/...?variant=53422543303

* High Sierra Cycles 150mm 110 BCD. Square taper. No chainrings. Scratched a little but never used. $125 shipped (CONUS only)

http://www.hscycle.com/.../customcrankset.html

* High Sierra Cycles 150mm 130 BCD. Square taper. No chainrings. Scratched a little but never used. $125 shipped (CONUS only)

* Promax 150mm 110 BCD. Brand new. Square taper. No chainrings. $50 shipped to CONUS.

* And a NOT SHORT Dura-ace 7800 crankset with chainrings. 172.5mm $75 shipped.

Cobb 155

HS Cycles 130BCD

HS Cycles 110 BCD

Promax 150 1X

Did you talk about your experience at all with short cranks in the main forum. I for one would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: Cobb and others 145; 150; 155 (priced cheap!) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Did you talk about your experience at all with short cranks in the main forum. I for one would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

I actually did ..... back in about 2007. There are some very old threads, which I can't seem to find at the moment that discuss "circus cranks" at some length.

The bottom line is they work very well -- for me. I do suffer more than the average guy from tight thigh-torso angle power loss. That's compounded because I do UCI TTs and have to maintain the 5cm setback. With normal cranks, I might lose 40-50 watts going from a road position (hoods) to a good aero position (10-12cm drop). The short cranks reduce that loss to maybe 20-30. I suspect the average person would benefit too, though maybe not quite as much as I do.

The only reason I'm selling all of these is I've settled on my special Campy 150 mm track crank on one bike and the Power2max 150 Rotor on the other. Incidentally, I have a mountain bike with 170s and I have no issues switching between the bikes.

Last edited by: jens: Nov 1, 17 21:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I actually did ..... back in about 2007. There are some very old threads, which I can't seem to find at the moment that discuss "circus cranks" at some length.

The bottom line is they work very well -- for me. I do suffer more than the average guy from tight thigh-torso angle power loss. That's compounded because I do UCI TTs and have to maintain the 5cm setback. With normal cranks, I might lose 40-50 watts going from a road position (hoods) to a good aero position (10-12cm drop). The short cranks reduce that loss to maybe 20-30. I suspect the average person would benefit too, though maybe not quite as much as I do.

The only reason I'm selling all of these is I've settled on my special Campy 150 mm track crank on one bike and the Power2max 150 Rotor on the other. Incidentally, I have a mountain bike with 170s and I have no issues switching between the bikes.

Thanks for the feedback. I have 165mm on my MTB, just prefer short cranks my self. ;)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: 145; 150; 155 (priced cheap!) [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bumped for further price drop

Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: 145; 150; 155 (priced cheap!) [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a 155 left I'm interested
Quote Reply
Re: Jens's Short Crank Sale: 145; 150; 155 (priced cheap!) [Vaulter802] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Sorry I only have 150s left at this point.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you still have those 150 Promax cranks?

Quote Reply
Re: 150 Square taper cranks + Dura-Ace 7800 172.5 [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jens, interested in the 150mm HS cranks. Sent you a pm.
Quote Reply