Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

[both now sold] Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP
Quote | Reply
My husband and I signed up for the Great Floridian triathlon a few months ago. Now it looks like we are going to Ironman Hawaii instead (a week before Great Floridian). We have two race entries for sale. I checked with the GF officials and race entries CAN be sold and transferred to another athlete.

Please let me know if you are interested in doing this great race - at a discount :-)
Race entries can be sold individually.

Full Ironman race entry - $200* (originally paid $250, current on-line price $350)
Half Ironman race entry - $100* (originally paid $125, current on-line price $175)

*This includes the $25 transfer fee per each race entry.

Race Date: October 22, 2005
Details: http://sommersports.com/events/greatfloridian/

Please e-mail me if you are interested: faragos@us.ibm.com.
Last edited by: sf: Jul 6, 05 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [sf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd double check on this. GFT is USAT sanctionned and I thought that the non transfer thing was a USAT rule.
I may be wrong and I am sure you're not trying to screw someone but for both you and the potential buyer's sake, it's probably best to double check also with USAT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I e-mailed the race people at GF. Race entries can be "sold" - their reply is below...

Good afternoon, Susan, and CONGRATULATIONS! I know that this is very exciting and we certainly wish you the best. However, as stated on our website, we do not offer refunds. Your best bet would be to place your entries for sale on the forum on our website. Hopefully another athlete will pick them up. Also, please be advised that there is a $25 transfer charge per entry. You can hash that out with whoever may be purchasing your entries.

Best of luck to you both!Andrea Taylor
Executive Administrative Assistant
Sommer Sports, Inc.
P.O. Box 121236
Clermont, FL 34712-1236
Phone: (352) 394-1320 ext. 100

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you sold the "full"?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how Big Kahuna does it every year.
Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinkin' SwimCicle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please PM me. I am interested in the GFT full. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [SProboscis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I already have dibbs (I think) if her current buyer backs out...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how Big Kahuna does it every year.

You got that right. I'm a cheap bastid ;-)

BK

Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE:

Thanks so much to those of you who responded to my inquiry for selling my full and half IM slot for the Great Floridian triathon.

At this time, I am working with the first person who responded to my posting (for the full IM slot) and I have a few other people on a waiting list :-)

The Half Ironman slot is still available if anyone is interested.

Thanks again!

Susan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I am interested in the 1/2 ironman slot. Please email me at nittiaj@hotmail.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Great Floridian Full and 1/2 Slots for Sale - CHEAP [nittiaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both full and 1/2 Ironman slots for the Great Floridian have been sold. Thanks to everyone who responded in interest!
Quote Reply