Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa?
Quote | Reply
They seem identical to me? Could John Cobb have his name on these in a few different places? Same with the Oval fork. If you look at the Oval road stem, the clamping offset I think is what Tom Demerly said was bad for the carbon fork steerer. But I could be work because I'm still confused with that whole situtation. Oval bars are less expensive than the Hed bars. Colorado Cyclist has them for sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they look very similar and I think Cobb designed both.
indeed Hed is like $450 and oval $295 at ColCyc.
Only difference is the integrated brake levers
(rather put inexpensive dia compe levers...)
Quote Reply
Re: Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that the levers should not cost another 150?
Quote Reply
Re: Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Cobb has his fingerprints on both, but careful what you are comparing. HED bars are total carbon (w/the levers as noted), the $295 Oval bars are aluminum. Apples and oranges price-wise.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa? [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the HED bars are not totally carbon, got mine this week, the base bar and extensions are carbon, rest is aluminum.
Quote Reply
Re: Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The two bars are COMPLETELY different. Remember that a few months ago the Oval website had two bars, the current Oval bar and the Hed bar? They certainly weren't identical back then. One base bar is Alu, the other carbon, one is a straight profile, the other tapers, one has normal hooks, the other integrated brakes, one has the extensions length adjustable but in a fixed spot, the other can adjust the extensions in length and width, one is welded together, the other is glued and clamped.

But if you mean that they are both integrated aerobars without stems, so they are of identical concept, that's true, just like the Easton and the original bar with that concept, the 3TTT Ahero.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Oval Bars are Hed bars? Or Vice a Versa? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one is better than?
Quote Reply