Login required to post replies

Azoto saddle
Quote | Reply
Considering this saddle. Any opinions?

Marcel
Quote Reply
Re: Azoto saddle [Marcel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of people on this forum have this saddle and most of them like it a lot. I am one of them. I can't for the life of me say why I like it. It is destinctive for the gel in the tip of the saddle, but I don't think that is what does it, at least for me. Saddles are a very individual preference. This one should be on the list of saddles to try.

Many, including myself, use it with a padded saddle cover. Give that a try too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only complaint we've heard is the nose can be a tad too wide for some people. For them there is the new "aspide" version which just came out. I use this saddle (on my tri bikes) and like it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
A complaint from the heavy guys... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice saddle, however, it is very flexible. (Because of the ti rails? Just a thought.)

Anyway, if you are around my size(220 lbs), the saddle flexes such that it is effectively slanting forward. This causes hip and shoulder pain, because you are constantly sliding forward on the saddle and putting pressure on the areas. I ended up with "runner's knee" (patellofemoral syndrome) as a direct result of this after IM-USA. The fix is to tip the seat upwards (nose up) such that when you put your weight on it, it becomes level. The gel is soft, so you don't get any undue pressure on your "taint". This fixed my problems.

Just my experience.

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: A complaint from the heavy guys... [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been riding this saddle for 3 months and I am kicking myself for not converting sooner. Best Tri saddle out there now having tried several others. However, I stick with a "regular" saddle on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recently bought a Litespeed Saber and found my Selle Italia Gel was uncomfortable with the forward seat angle. Switched to a Azoto Tri Gel and it made a huge improvement.
Quote Reply
A Question for Tom Demerly Regarding the Aspide version of Azoto [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much does your shop charge for the Aspide version of the Azoto? And, to avoid the appearance of pitching you a "Come Shop with Bikesport..." softball, do you know any other shops that sell them right now?

Thanks for any input...

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: A Question for Tom Demerly Regarding the Aspide version of Azoto [Ben H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think those Azoto Aspide saddles (or whatever they are correctly known as...) will be pretty pricey at about $120-$150 U.S. I would imagine every decent bike shop will have them since we get them from one of the biggest and best U.S. wholesale distributors, Quality Bicycle parts.
Happy New Year!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply