Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iraqi Death Toll Rises Above 100 Per Day
Quote | Reply
It's heartening to see that, after 3.5 years, we're making such solid progress.

-----------

BAGHDAD, Iraq, July 18 — An average of more than 100 civilians per day were killed in Iraq last month, the United Nations reported Tuesday, registering what appears to be the highest official monthly tally of violent deaths since the fall of Baghdad.

The death toll, drawn from Iraqi government agencies, was the most precise measurement of civilian deaths provided by any government organization since the invasion and represented a substantial increase over the figures in daily news media reports.

Contributing to the trend cited by the United Nations, a suicide car bomber killed at least 53 people and wounded at least 105 in the holy Shiite city of Kufa on Tuesday after he lured a throng of day laborers to his van with the offer of work.

The attack, one of the bloodiest this year, struck at the heart of Shiite Islam — Kufa is a stronghold of the powerful Shiite cleric Moktada al-Sadr and the site of a major shrine — and aggravated sectarian fury.

United Nations officials said Tuesday that the number of violent deaths had climbed steadily since at least last summer. During the first six months of this year, the civilian death toll jumped more than 77 percent, from 1,778 in January to 3,149 in June, the organization said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/19/world/middleeast/19iraq.html?hp&ex=1153368000&en=6c076f1256a16662&ei=5094&partner=homepage
Last edited by: rundhc: Jul 18, 06 22:38
Quote Reply
Re: Iraqi Death Toll Rises Above 100 Per Day [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they may have the worst and most brutal violance in the world but they are a happy and content bunch since they have voted in elections and they no longer have Saddam to be such a meanie to them. He was such a bad bad man. Any day now Iraq will be a bastion of freedom and democracy that will shine so bright on all the other Arab countries that they too will run out and start to elect government officials. It will be GWB's legacy and it will be so lovely.
Quote Reply
Re: Iraqi Death Toll Rises Above 100 Per Day [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ole'.....Ole',Ole',Ole' ....YaHey ...Yaheyyyy ....

That's awesome! These pro bodydbuilders, some of them can even do that ripped muscle flexing kinda thing with their butt muscles. - jhc's obsession.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we will have to ask Bolton what would be the moral equivalent of one Israeli civilian death - should we start the bidding at 500 Iraqis?

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/39156/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"the insurgency is in its last throes"

Boy, they be thrashing around for a looong time now...
Quote Reply
Re: Iraqi Death Toll Rises Above 100 Per Day [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Fold wrote:

Another oldie and still to some degree current news.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Iraqi Death Toll Rises Above 100 Per Day [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread was a yawner considering YaHey and Kangaroo were both present.

CruseVegas wrote:
Tri Fold wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Iraqi Death Toll Rises Above 100 Per Day [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
This thread was a yawner considering YaHey and Kangaroo were both present.

CruseVegas wrote:
Tri Fold wrote:

YaHey, I certainly remember him, I think he still bounces in under other names from time to time, I don't remember Kangaroo,,,, thought I've only been here a little over 10 years.

Thankfully we've gotten out of Iraq and things are going so well in the sandbox.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply