Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

vision vs Hed/oval
Quote | Reply
I don´t have any of those bars but i´m just interested to know if the new hed/oval aero bar beats the oldy vision tech, not weight, just aeroness.

I know that it doesn´t make real difference, just for curiosity

Sergio from portugal

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: vision vs Hed/oval [sergiopica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough question to answer since the Hed and Oval bars aren't readily available yet. It would be interesting to see some drag coefficients from John Cobb or Steve Hed on these. I've used the Vision Techs, absolute top-notch product. I love them. Looking forward to trying some Hed and Oval bars.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: vision vs Hed/oval [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, give us some feedback when you put your hands over one of those sexy aero bars ;o)

S�rgio Marques
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: vision vs Hed/oval [sergiopica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the aero results from the Vision Tech site. Apparently this testing was done by Jim Martin so it should be quite credible. Of course this wouldn't include the new Hed/Oval bars yet, but they will obviously have to be damn good in order to beat the original VisionTech bars. Only wish they weren't so darned ridiculous expensive.

http://www.visiontechusa.com/aero.asp
Quote Reply
Re: vision vs Hed/oval [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, they are expensive, but if you add the cost of a nice quality base bar (Syntace Stratos), aerobar (C-2), and a really nice stem you're only about $100 away from Visiontech which are a big performance improvement. In my eyes (but then again I sell this stuff, so my vision is distorted) they only cost $100+, since you gotta have handlebars anyway. I know, I know, stupid logic. They're awesome though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually Tom, I meant the price of the Oval/Hed. Vision Tech has been around awhile so you can pick it up reasonable priced second hand on ebay. Hate to say that to you as a bike shop owner, but in fact I do support my local LBS!
Quote Reply
Re: vision vs Hed/oval [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm good with e-bay. It's where I sell all my used stuff!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, e-bay its great.

But all the goodies are in the US so its really expensive to ship it to Portugal.

You guys be careful when you say "i pay shipping" ;o)

I would love to upgrade for a more sexy aero bars since my syntace combo belong to a friend.

hey Tom, want to be my sponsor ;)

Sergio from Portugal

S�rgio Marques
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply