Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bike rental in sydney
Quote | Reply
Hello all you nice tri-geeks

Im going on a surfsafari to Australia in march and april. And we will be in Sydney when the australian nationals is on. I dont bring along my bike, so does any of you know where to rent a bike in Sydney?

Lars, Denmark
Quote Reply
Re: bike rental in sydney [Lars75K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're going surfing what do you need a bike for?

BTW, don't know where you're traveling from but I wouldn't take any boards with you either. Good opportunity to pick up some new sticks cheap despite the AUD strength.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: bike rental in sydney [Lars75K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lars, I am not sure what kind of bike you are looking for, but if a casual mountain bike will work for you for maintaining some bike fitness and touring around, then, yes, there are bike shops that rent them.

During my travels, I found a shop quite close to Coogee Beach that rented mountain bikes (all types) for quite reasonable prices. Coogee Beach is just south of Sydney, and approximately due east of the Sydney international airport. The shop I visited was located perhaps 1 km inland of Coogee Beach and perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 km slightly north. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name of the shop, but there are probably several shops that rent them. Good luck.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: bike rental in sydney [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to rent (or lend ;-) some kind of a tri- or roadracer. Its a OL-distance race, so doing 40K on a mountainbike will be tough.

And we have orded the boards in australia, and they are pretty cool.

Lars
Quote Reply