Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

food during training
Quote | Reply
I am training for my first ever marathon (did mainly Olympic distance tris and sprints the last couple of years) and was thinking how I should organise my nutrition. I was wondering when to start during my training sessions to experiment with getting some food (Should the training session be longer then 1 hour)?

I also hope to complete my 1st ever 1/2IM this year

thanks
tri2b
Quote Reply
Re: food during training [tri2b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: food during training [tri2b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ideally, you can practice your nutrition during your long runs. In that case, I typically try to mimic what I plan to do for the race. Less than an hour or so and I just use plain water. Good nutrition gets expensive after a while...

Personally, I have a sensative gut, so at races I use my own nutrition. In training, for long bike rides, I train with 2 x boost and 1 x doubleshot about 1 hour pre-race, water for the first hour, then bottles of 2 scoops G3 and 1 scoop of carbopro (1 bottle per hour). Races, I do exactly the same thing so there's no surprise.

I would check with the organizers to see what nutrition they plan to have at the race and I would train using the same stuff. If it works, you will be good to do. If it doesn't work great, find something that works and bring it to the race.

Later
Last edited by: Ironstevie: Mar 3, 04 14:13
Quote Reply