Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Bike Shop in Kansas City? Anyone?
Quote | Reply
I'm traveling to KC this weekend and was wondering if there were any good bike shops there? If someone is aware of one, and possibly has a link to a site, I'd appreciate it...

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Shop in Kansas City? Anyone? [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mission Bay... hahaha jk, man, i crack me up

P.S. please dont let this joke start all that MB stuff up again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sante Fe Trails across the river in Leavenworth.

We a 90+ member tri club in the area and teh owner Brenden is a great guy.

Don't know about their fitting experience but as far as being a LBS, they do a great job.

Plus you get to view the federal prison, and the old Military Prison, the New militray prison, and the teh state prision :-)

Jim
Quote Reply
Sunflower in Lawrence [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you get the chance, check out Sunflower in Lawrence. It's a very cool shop ... kind of an outdoor lifestye place with a great bike shop inclusive. They've got a three or four very cool old Merckx frames dispalyed as objets des art. I was just there yesterday (my wife spent a little $$$ on the Plaza, so we stopped at Sunflower on the way home).

Sunflower is located on Massachusetts Street in downtown Lawrence. Take I-70 south from KC to Lawrence, entering Lawrence from the west Lawrence exit. Once in Lawrence, stay on the road you exited to from the Interstate until 9th St. (the first traffic light), and then turn left. 9th St. intersects with Massachusetts St.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to a QR fit clinic at Wheelers a few years ago. They had a lot of tri bikes on the floor, and I think sponsored some people. I'm not from the area so I don't know anything else about them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheeler's Cycle and Fitness

phone 816-363-2443

http://www.wheelerskc.com

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Shop in Kansas City? Anyone? [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...if you go to the link you posted - that might be a good indication that I wouldn't want to go there!

But thanks for posting though....I'll try and swing by if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheelers it was a tri shop when being a tri shop wasn't cool! I once drove 300 mile to the shop to ride a "tri" bike I hadn't ever seen one. Canondale T400 or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Shop in Kansas City? Anyone? [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You also might want to check out Bikesource in Overland Park, Ks. They probably have the best selection around, and carry a full line of tri and road bikes, zipps, wetsuits and everything else you need or want. They are located at 119th st. and Quivera Rd. 913 451-1515. If you let me know where you are coming from I can give you more specific directions, and no, I don't work there.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Shop in Kansas City? Anyone? [jaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest Bike Source also. The "tri head" at the shop is a little cocky and will be getting a can of whoop a$$ opened up on by me personally, but they do have a lot of cool stuff. 2 weeks ago they had a 55 and 58 P3 in stock....
Quote Reply