Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Starting Your Own Business
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a good book as a first read for someone interested in starting their own business? I am looking for something more informational as opposed to inspirational, thanks.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Starting Your Own Business [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of business (real estate, medical practice, pastry chef)? I think the general area of business might help with recommendations.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Nolo press. They cover the legal aspects very well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Levinson is a good read for the marketing aspect of small business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
E-Myth
Quote Reply
Re: Starting Your Own Business [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A service business. Triathlon coaching most specifically then possible event management (race direction) and possibly a retail aspect.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small Business Kit for Dummies. Get the CD-ROM edition as there are many forms on it that you may/might/will need and they only require minor modification.

Check you state business webpage for incorporation info. Chamber of Commerce can also help with some of that info. Talk to others that have done it. I found that to be as helpful as anything else. Godd mentors are good. Get a lawyer and accountant, talk to them before soing anything as to what you will need to set up and how. The lawyer can file incorporation papers for you, but I found that in AZ it is a very easy process and did it myself.

You will need to go to network solutions or godaddy.com and buy a web name or three.

There are my crib notes for you, a simple read if I do say so myself.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Starting Your Own Business [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
e-myth. so good. i was an art major, don't have a clue about business, read this after owning my own business for 5 years - a tad cheesy on some analogies but it really helped me a ton.
Quote Reply