Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Like father, Like son - Gotta love the Kennedy's [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
should have been tested and he was not.

Uh-huh.

Whatever. Just no more future bitching about the Clinton defense, OK?
Bring up Clinton any time you want if its factual and relevant.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Like father, Like son - Gotta love the Kennedy's [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the first place, I am not one of the folks who uses the "but Clinton" defense, as you well know.
In the second place, the fact that it's irrelevant is precisely why it's so stupid. Sort of like your argument in this thread.
But since you've adopted the tactic, you oughta refrain from criticizing it in the future. Agreed?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long ago are the DUI convictions....his last one was right before he entered Congress and probably the last time he drove his own car. The fact that he hasn't had a DUI in 30 years is no indicator that he still isn't a heavy drinker.

Remind me never to let you sit on a jury.
Quote Reply
Re: Like father, Like son - Gotta love the Kennedy's [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vitus, Brian started this thread complaining that the Kennedys are rich and powerful and above the law. It is both factual and relevant to comment that they are not alone in this regard and the biggest abusers of their positions of power in this country is the Bush crime family.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that he hasn't had a DUI in 30 years is no indicator that he still isn't a heavy drinker.

To be honest the fact that he has had a DUI is not even an indicator that he ever was a heavy drinker. Not saying that Cheney is or isn't, just that you're facts don't support you conclusion of heavy drinking.
Quote Reply
Re: Like father, Like son - Gotta love the Kennedy's [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyrius,

Cheney had 2 DUIs in the space of 8 months...either the guy was spectacularly unlucky and got popped the two times he had 2 glasses of wine and got in the car, or he was a heavy drinker and was a regular drunk driver. I'm gonna bet on the latter.

For most of the last 35 years he has been either a senior White House aide, a member of Congress, A CEO or Vice President and has had a driver and has not had to get behind the wheel so the fact that his DUIs are old is completely irrelevant. He continues to drink that much is clear...how much??? who knows, but we do have evidence that he does tend to abuse alcohol.

The fact that Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge after a party is no indicator that he was drinking either, but........see where I'm going with this?

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Note to all ST members...MattinSF has never ever done anything, he and his family when not in church or feeding the hungry sit alone and gaze at the stars...

You mean to tell me Matt that you have never done ANYTHING ever? Never gone over the speedlimit or ANYTHING? damn, must be a boring life...dont worry, it will end someday - possibly you could let your hair down in purgatory?

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Like father, Like son - Gotta love the Kennedy's [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been arrested, certainly not 3 freakin times. To get caught and busted that many times you have to be either a lousy criminal or a real scumbag.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or have a name like "Kennedy," I guess . . .

Have you noticed, perhaps, the glaring difference between this latest case and all those others from which you posted mugshots?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact that Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge after a party is no indicator that he was drinking either, but........see where I'm going with this?

Not really. Chappaquidick has nothing really to do with drinking rather it is the walking home while your passenger is drowning that was the bad idea. He could've been drunk out of his mind and if he would've stayed to try and help her I would have at least some respect for him for trying to assist. Instead he just takes off and leaves her. Outstanding!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next