Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rumsfeld called out in Atlanta (from Atrios) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is it that was wise enough to know in advance that there were no WMD? You perhaps?

Name that quote includes remarks from Bill and Hillary Clinton, Madeline Albright, Bob Graham and John Kerry from the Intelligence Committee, so I know it isn't them.

So who is this genius that would have taken the available information and not gotten the wrong conclusion?

Being wrong isn't a mistake. It is just being wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Rumsfeld called out in Atlanta (from Atrios) [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art, please respond to what I am writing, OK? It makes it much simpler.

Do you see a difference between saying "We believe that Saddam has WMDs," or even "Saddam has WMDs," and "We know where 30% of the WMDs are being hidden?"

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that they had lots of sites identified. Powell presented some of it at the UN.

This all looks to have been mostly or completely wrong. We have that.

So how about if you respond to me? Who in a position of responsibility got it right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that they had lots of sites identified.

Your understanding is obviously wrong, Art. If that understanding was correct, and they had identified lots of sites where we knew WMDs were being stored, we would have found them. We didn't know. He didn't know. He suspected. He wanted to believe. That's all, and that is a very different thing from "knowing." And it wasn't simply a mistake, and the idea that we "knew" wasn't based on any intelligence at all.

Who in a position of responsibility got it right?

Nobody. Who cares? Nobody else in a position of authority was so sure in what they "knew" that they started a war over it, did they?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So everyone in a position of responsibility looked at the same information and got the same wrong conclusion which they stated with equal certainty if you check my Name that Quote thread.

So what is your problem with this three year old issue. Rumsfeld got it wrong. OK, got that. If others got it right, I would probably give that error great weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So everyone in a position of responsibility looked at the same information and got the same wrong conclusion which they stated with equal certainty if you check my Name that Quote thread.

Survey says:

Hey now, don't go pulling a hijack about Pollock now . . . Oh, wait, I understand that, actually.

;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJ: I'm 63. I was in the Marine Corps in 1965!!!

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, we think they were all just winging it. Sort of like how they've run the war. See a trend here?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Rumsfeld called out in Atlanta (from Atrios) [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm 63. I was in the Marine Corps in 1965!!!"

Damn Robert, from that perspective, how can you compare anyone to McNamera? The man could easily have gotten you killed out of his stupidity. You can be certain he would have never cared.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. I hate that bastard. He can try to rehabilitate himself all he wants but I AIN'T BUYING IT. :)

I'm lucky to be alive....

-Robert

Quote Reply
Re: Rumsfeld called out in Atlanta (from Atrios) [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New signature line for you:

I agree with Robert 100%.

You can rest easily Robert. McNamera will never be rehabilitated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next