Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who here got married after signing a pre-nup?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if people actually do that.

Edit: any opinions on pre-nups? good/bad? what say you ST..

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Last edited by: callidus: May 4, 06 2:36
Quote Reply
Re: Who here got married after signing a pre-nup? [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just wondering if people actually do that.

Edit: any opinions on pre-nups? good/bad? what say you ST..

I don't know of anyone has one; but then again, its not a normal topic of discussion for me.

When the subject came up between my wife and I, I let her know that if she was already planning on getting divorced, I had no intention of getting married. Needless to say, we don't have one, even though I would have more to lose than she would if we split. I will most likely be in the minority, but I don't think they are a good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here got married after signing a pre-nup? [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed one. I am not an atty so I can't speak to how they hold up in court, but heres my deal. My wifes family has a significant amount of wealth, & so obviously they brought up the topic & I had no problem w/it. It's their money not mine. I am very pleased knowing that should anything happen to me or my wife my kids education & other various expenses will be taken care of.

I have a good job, work hard, & I am aggressively saving for my OWN retirement, knowing that statistically most marriages don't make it. I don't blame them for wanting me to sign it. If I had their money I would have brought up the topic also. I don't buy into the argument that it predisposes you to divorce or it sends a message that you don't trust each other. Thats my two cents....
Quote Reply