Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Some Signs Carried At "Pro ILLEGAL Immigration" Marches On May 1st: I Didn't Know That Che Guevara Was So Interested In Immigration ;-)
Quote | Reply
Well, let's see. Vitus is being accused of possible racism because he wants some sanity injected into the whole immigration process in the U.S. And the yahoos below obviously don't want to accept ANY encumbrance that gets in the way of the "Reconquista". Good lawd:

Too long-winded and not pithy enough :-) These folks can really use a good Madison Avenue ad firm!

Latino Liberation from what? The radical women?

No blood. No borders. BORING!

"Stop the war! Open the borders!" "Give us a Walmart!!"

Hey, hermano....Americano attention spans are waaaaay too short to read all of that stuff. I suggest something like, IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT!!! That seems to work well for the Dems, at any rate.

A "Motorcycle Diaries" fan, no doubt.

"Just wait, honey....after this is over, I promise we'll go to Dairy Queen!"

"Yes, we can" what? Become legal immigrants?

A group of all-temperature Cheer users. Just check out the whiteness of those whites!!

I wonder if Che could even spell "manifest destiny"?

Not to mention that he drives a damn Ford!!

Hey...didn't this guy star in one of those "unpimp your ride" Volkswagen commercials?

My guess is that she's either hoping to land a cushy ambassadorship in the new U.S. of Mexico, or she's trying out for a spot on Elimidate. She'll play the angry young lefty college grad full of idealist fervor and righteous indignation who makes it all the way to the final cut, but walks off in anger when the guy exclaims "enough of the political talk....show me your jahoobies!!". Then again, maybe not.

Hey...didn't C.S. Lewis invent Aztlan? No, wait...he invented ASLAN. My bad.

Duh. Tell us something about geography that we don't know. And then learn something about the UNITED STATES ;-)

The senorita above has got figurative cojones, I must admit.

Chicago pro-illegal immigration protest march. American flag draped around this dude like a Superman cape and some kind of Mexican hardhat. Huh?

The sign above says that the shop is closed May 1st in support of the Seattle Hispanic community's protest of the rascist and fascist immigration laws of the U.S.

Easy enough to understand.

Huh? A total non-sequitur by the above protestor.

Update 5/2 940am EDT. Your reconquista quote of the morning. From an interview yesterday on NPR's "All Things Considered:"
...Gloria Ramirez Vargas is a local politician from Baja, California who spoke to the crowd today.

Ms. GLORIA RAMIREZ VARGAS (Politician, Baja, Calif.): (Through Translator) Many Mexicans are nourishing the ground in the U.S., but those lands were once ours. Those same lands, which now with intelligence, with love and with a lot of work, we are re-conquering again for our Mexico.

Rich, guilty white women from the suburbs of Chicago. Ready to storm the Bastille, huh?

Well, I guess Dubya can't count on support for his War on Terror from this fellow ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Some Signs Carried At "Pro ILLEGAL Immigration" Marches On May 1st: I Didn't Know That Che Guevara Was So Interested In Immigration ;-) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vitus is being accused of possible racism

NO VITUS IS NOT. People that were complaining of "Spanish Speaking" and "Mexican flag waiving" were questioned on the issue. The point was made that detesting behavior in one group, but not minding the same behavior in another group, would be classified as "racist/discriminatory". That's it. Over-blown.

Hey, hermano....Americano attention spans are waaaaay too short to read all of that stuff.

No kiddin'. Hilarious.

Rich, guilty white women from the suburbs of Chicago.

The RGWWFTSOC. The are a mighty group with plenty of available resources and time.

---------------------------------------

Why the hell would someone display a sign that says, "United States of Mexico"? Could there possibly be a worse strategy? That's so horrfically stupid that I almost have to believe that she's actually in the anti-protest group, working undercover, to subvert the protest. =)

Any protest offers numerous opportunities to select the whackos and sillies in the bunch. Were there any signs, groups that were saying things that made any sense? Or was everything "open the darn borders completely" or "Che Guevara rules"?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: May 4, 06 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: Some Signs Carried At "Pro ILLEGAL Immigration" Marches On May 1st: I Didn't Know That Che Guevara Was So Interested In Immigration ;-) [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the hell would someone display a sign that says, "United States of Mexico"? Could there possibly be a worse strategy?

What, are you trying to suggest this wasn't a well-thought out sign with all the relevant facts in place ahead of time?