Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Watch...
Quote | Reply
I need to buy a new watch. This guy must not have good bells or whistles. No compass, altimeter, GPS, IR anything... nada. It should tell time, big and bright. It should have some sort of backlight..indiglo sort of thing. It should have a stopwatch/alarm function. It should be very durable as it will probably get abused. Lastly it should be fairly inexpensive as I need 2 of em, 1 for a backup in case the first one dies or runs away. I would greatly prefer it came in all black or a plain dark color. No orange or yellow jobbers.

What do you have??

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Watch... [Jeremy K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my second Timex Ironman watch. They've got a model that's readily available for about $35, has a chrono, an interval timer, an alarm (my new one has three, but you can actually remove them from the "menu"), and Indiglo. Easy buttons, mostly bulletproof (my first one lasted through about four bands, and still works), and comes in a variety of colors, including all silver.

Here it is at Target, with a grey bezel:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_12/601-6213043-5324148?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00008IM8S

My wife has the women's version of the same watch. Same features, only it's smaller and pink.

Except for the part about not reading my HR, it's actually quite a bit more useful than (and a fraction of the price of!) my Polar...

--------------------
Yes, I too now have a Blog. Don't laugh.
Quote Reply