Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: America - land of opportunity, or not so much? [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Estimate 1 in 4 illegals will actually work.
If the taxes and such that we miss out on for those workers is 1.25 billion, then the other 3 in 4 are the POSSIBLE drain in services. 3 x 1.25 = 3.75
Was the problem my hasty typing and using a colon instead of a forward slash? Sorry if the typo caused confusion.
Statistics can be manipulated to mean almost whatever one wants. My point was that if we were to just take on all those illegals for the taxes there are quite a few more that could create drain- more than what is being contributed in taxes. In terms of sustaining economical strength, I don't think making them citizens will really help as much as one would think.

John
Quote Reply
Re: America - land of opportunity, or not so much? [inSANe DIEGO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a couple things wrong with you logic.

Msotly, the 1.25 billion was the cost of lost productivity. That has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of services that these people use.

And I think your estimate that only 1 in 4 illegal immigrants actually work is off too... Last week I saw something that was more like 2 working for 1 non-working. But I can't find it now...

New Pledge

I Pledge (if I am emotionally so inclined, but otherwise make no commitment whatsoever) Allegiance (or if not, at least a passing interest in) to the Cloth Symbol (known by most but not necessarily myself as "The Flag") of the loosely associated group of governmental regulatory bodies known as The United States of America (which may also be referred to as a group of ethnically diversified persons living in the same place at the same time) and to the Republic (please refer to the aforementioned disclaimer regarding the USA) for which it stands, one nation (please refer to the aforementioned disclaimer regarding the USA), under (or maybe even over) an unspecified deity (or not if you so choose so as not to possibly offend any member of the ethnically diversified group herein assembled to recite or not to recite this statement of allegiance or interest depending on the mood of the moment) indivisible (or invisible or visible or whatever) with Liberty (because you have to have liberty even if there is no commitment or responsibility whatsoever) and Justice (whatever you may define that to be) for All (and by "all" we may mean just one lousy individual who wants to, with the help of his A.C.L.U. court appointed attorney, ruin everything for everybody else).
Quote Reply

Prev Next