Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need 1st mothers day gift ideas?????
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any good/meaningful ideas for a first mothers day gift? Our little girl is 7mo old, and i've all ready done the whole jewelry thing, i'll take any ideas anyone want to throw out there....thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Need 1st mothers day gift ideas????? [atc1135] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a new car!!!

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a night nanny service.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much you lookin' to spend?

I've had some success with a Motherhood keepsake box, and it was relatively cheap - $50 bucks or so.

You could also go for an applicable Precious Moments figure, or if you really want to bring out the big guns, a Lladro figure -but that's gonna cost you.

There's also those hand/foot print framing kits that you could get. Ya' know where you make a framed picture of your little guy/gals hand and foot print. Good luck explaining the ink stains though, if you're planning on this being a surprise!

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll tell you what I wanted when my kids were that little. I would have liked my husband to take my daughter out for the morning and let me sleep in as much as I wanted. He could have taken her on a walk to the park, on a bike ride, to the beach, whatever. If I could have had all morning to sleep in, read the paper, have a nice lazy breakfast or do a workout, that would be great. You have to get out of the house with the little one, though, or it doesn't count. Then, he would have come back in the afternoon and planned to spend some family time together. Order in or take your wife to a restaurant for a late lunch or dinner. Let her decide how to spend the rest of the day.

If you do get her a gift, make it something personal. A professional, framed picture of you and your daughter is a good idea. I also like the idea someone else posted about the hand or foot print. I have a handprint of my daughter in clay from when she was 9 months old and I still love it.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Most any wife/mother would LOVE this one! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done this before: Make up a coupon booklet containing a dozen or so coupons entitling her to one-hour, full-body, with-candles-and-music, scented-oil, done-with-a-good-heart, no-man-bitching, MASSAGES! Custom make it with cute little loving messages on each one. Then when she has a particularally rough baby-day, she can turn in a ticket for a massage that evening to unwind.

It's also the gift that tends to give back afterwards as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A day off.

Hopefully you have access to a babysitter (Grandma)

Take her to a really nice dinner - preferably a day or two ahead of Mother's day.

Then get her a Spa package -- full blown package -- massage - manacure/pedacure - etc. etc.

After nine months of being prego and seven moths of hauling baby around -- it is time for her to be pampered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some great ideas. Hopefully you do the "day off" stuff more often than once a year, though!

I got my wife earrings with my son's birthstone for her first Mother's Day.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: Need 1st mothers day gift ideas????? [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks everyone for your advice...i think i'm going to combine a few of those....and the cupon book idea....talk about the gift that keeps on giving!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our little girl is 7mo old

Here's some ideas from Willow Tree.

I think this one would be good, but perhaps better for father's day .. perhaps I'll e-mail the link to your wife. =)

I gave this one to my wife for the mother's day following my son's 1st birthday. I stood back and watched the tears flow. I honestly could have given her a $5K ring, and it wouldn't have meant as much. Honestly.

--------------------------------

IMO, the day off stuff would mean much more on a day that's NOT Mother's day. Any guy can give her a "day off" or a "sleep-in morning" on Mother's Day. Be a REAL man and give her that gift on "just any old Saturday or weekday". Take the kids out to the park, let her sleep in, and bring her some coffee and bagel on the way home ... not because it's Mother's Day ... but because you love and appreciate her and want her to get her recuperation.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: May 2, 06 14:50
Quote Reply
Re: Need 1st mothers day gift ideas????? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I honestly could have given her a $5K ring, and it wouldn't have meant as much. Honestly.

Pfft.

There'da been a lot of tears over the $2500 tablesaw I posted earlier, too, by gum.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Re: Need 1st mothers day gift ideas????? [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pfft.

*grin*

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could have a pair of your baby's shoes bronzed. Makes a great paper weight and in 20 years it will bring a smile to her face when she looks at it.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, I thought this was slowtwich not Woodcentral.com. Oh well I still like the one in gold that in my basement.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Need 1st mothers day gift ideas????? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Damn, I thought this was slowtwich not Woodcentral.com.

Hmm...I thought life was woodcentral.com... ;->

Quote:
Oh well I still like the one in gold that in my basement.

The gold ones are very nice.

I have '73 gray one myself. Complete with left-hand threaded arbor nut, like god intended. ;->

Somebody on here has a web page with some of their woodwork onnit...is that you?

---

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There'da been a lot of tears over the $2500 tablesaw I posted earlier, too, by gum.

Your's, probably.

;)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Somebody on here has a web page with some of their woodwork onnit...is that you?[/reply]

Nope, I dont have a website.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its Schwingding
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=806927;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

schwingwoodworks.com

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how handy you are with a PC but my wife like to get a "Family picture DVD". If you are fairly good it's pretty easy to put some picture on a DVD, transition them and add some music. It's unique to your family, lasts forever...almost I guess only 50-100 years, and is fun to watch now and then as a family.

If you take a whiel and get halfway decent at video editing you can do some neat stuff with 100$ editing software, video camera and digital camera. Might be to late for this year but something to keep in mind for the future. My wife likes to get these anytime really and doing one for Mothers day and Christmas is not a bad idea and helps to keep all those damn pictures organized...

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Need 1st mothers day gift ideas????? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Its Schwingding

That's the one I was thinking of!

Nice stuff, Mike. Your signature cutting board is very cool, and some of those turnings are very pretty.

The especially like the shallow bowl from the quilted/curly maple. That's beautiful. I bet the chatoyancy on that is amazing. Well done.

---

Quote Reply