Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's the chance of landing a work contract in Hawaii?
Quote | Reply
I am a senior project manager that focuses on the IT and health sector.

Anyone know what the chances of landing work in Hawaii are? Or, is the concept of landing a job with great pay in Hawaii a joke in itself?

I have been having reoccuring dreams of surfing some big ass waves for the past month. This desire needs to be met.

Quote | Reply
great pay?
i lived in kauai for three months during one of the summers in college and I mowed lawns for $10/hr. I surfed at least two hours a day and lived in a van.
If you want to enjoy hawaii you dont need money. (unless your a tourist). all you need is the attitude...
Quote Reply
Re: What's the chance of landing a work contract in Hawaii? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check Kaiser Permanente in Hawaii (Honolulu). I used to contract with them and spent a month or two out there. They have the huge HealthConnect project going on.

-mike
Quote Reply
Re: What's the chance of landing a work contract in Hawaii? [Mike In Seattle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers Mike! Much appreciated.

Quote | Reply
Dunno about IT, but my wife looked into an exchange program for teachers. Hawaii is one of the lowest paying in the USA.

Could live with that considering the weather.
Quote Reply
Re: What's the chance of landing a work contract in Hawaii? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJ,
Wife is in IT and has been doing well here for 6 plus years. Started out with big mainland company and moved to local company.
It's a bit of a tricky market, couple of clicks behind the mainland and a bit saturated. However, if you are a top producer, I would say your chances are good. I have been out here for 17 plus years and can't imagine living anywhere else. The surf was my first attraction, just fell in love with the whole island lifestyle. There's a good headhunter out here named Don Bishop, if you want more info let me know and I can get you his number. I say go for it. When I was thinking about moving out here some 17 years ago someone said to me, hell your young, go for it, what do you have to lose? Great advise.

Aloha,
Matt
Quote Reply