Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Tale of Two Men [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently your only error was in thinking you had made an error. Actually, you were right all along.

Now that makes a lot of sense. I like it.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: A Tale of Two Men [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You even admitted your error in predicting failed elections before. Are you back tracking on that now?
I can think of a couple of your predictions that didn't turn out so well either Art.

You must be confusing me with that other Art Franke.
Quote Reply
Re: A Tale of Two Men [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Art they are trying to control the gov't. That's why it is civil war. They are killing each other to determine the final structure of the gov't."

So long as we are on the topic of my failed predictions, I am going to hazard a guess that the process you describe is pretty much over. The last two elections pretty much put that to bed. If you do want to find a Civil War in Iraq, a good place to look is the rift and occasional battles between foreign fighters and their former Sunni allies.

This conflict looks more like a struggle over the size of the slices of the pie in the agreed upon power structure.

That is not to say the process will be pretty or peaceful. Our reconstruction period was nothing to brag about either. These armed groups look like a modern version of the KKK to me, though with more deadly weapons and foreign support.

I am obviously way out on a limb here, and offer this as an opinion based upon pretty lousy information coming out of the country.
Quote Reply

Prev Next