Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody ever sell a car on Ebay?
Quote | Reply
Ticks traps, good results bad results? Please let me know, I have to unload my truck and this may be the fastest way. If someone knows a faster way to sell a vehicle let me know too.

P.S. truck is posted in ST classifieds if you are interested.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ever sell a car on Ebay? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no one?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you post it on Craigs list? my friend just sold his motorcycle on there in a few hours. you usually only get local responses.

the problem with ebay is if you have to arrange for shipping, it's kind of a hassle. my brother made a living buying and selling cars on ebay for a couple of years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take it to Carmax. I had to unload a car quickly, and the deal was done in about 2 hours. They gave me a verrrry fair price and issued me a bank draft before I left the lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've sold a car on ebay, and bought my last 3 vehicles there too. IMO it is the easiest and most hassle free way to buy a vehicle. Two of the three vehicles I had to arrange shipping- wasn't a hassle at all- cost was quite reasonable, and both were delivered within 5 minutes of my door. Suggestions- take lots of pics and include the VIN # (most listings do), so the potential buyers can do a car fax search. Good luck!!

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've sold two cars for friends on ebay.

CAR 1: Ford Excursion - a construction company bought it, they sent a cashiers check, we mailed the title and then about 3 weeks later finally had a trucking company pick it up. We kept calling them because we figured they forgot but they said we were so honest that they had no concerns about leaving the truck with us for so long. They bought it sight unseen.

CAR 2: Lexus SC400 - it had a blown engine which we put in the description, otherwise the car was in great shape. A used car lot guy came to pick it up and when he did the chisseling began. He drove about 400 miles to come get it and really nickle and dimed it after the fact. Had I not been alone and had there not been two of these hill-billies I would have stood my ground a little more but even after the chisseling it sold for $700 more than the owner set the reserve for so it worked out.

My advice on ebay is to be completely honest, point out everything that is wrong with the car. I put a note that I don't mean to dwell on the con's but don't want there to be any suprises. I also sold 5 commercial lawnmowers worth $5,000 - $8,000 and all of those went just fine.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MY best friend for 30+ years sold a classic Triumph TR6 on ebay. The guy bid about $4000. more than the max my friend expected to get. The buyer bought it sight unseen over ebay. We couldn't believe it.
Quote Reply