Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: i'm going to the dark side... [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm there with ya.

I had Tru-green calling me on a weekly basis "Can we give you an estimate", "can we come take a look" etc etc. After a couple of montsh of this and me saying, "Really I have no grass that you can work with leave me alone" I finally relented and had them come out.

After about two minutes the guy turns to me and says "There's not a whole lot we can do here you have no grass we can do anything with"

In essence, kill the dandelions, clover, crab grass and other assorted weeds and I have 6 acres of dirt. I only mow about 2 acres of it so I don't loose my family in tall grass or have any wild fires.

Now if they could come out and spray everything to kill poison ivy they'd have a gig.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: i'm going to the dark side... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heh, kinda like the carpet cleaners that keep calling and stopping by to give a free esimate to clean all those carpets I don't have (have all hardwood floors..)

My biggest problem is creeping charlie. I don't really care if I have crabgrass, as long as it looks kinda like grass, and it's green, I'm pretty happy. Charlie on the other hand, likes to creep into my flower beds, and that's unforgiveable.

I also hang out at Gardenweb...same nickname, usually in the perennials and winter sowing sections.
Quote Reply
Re: i'm going to the dark side... [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, who is has wacky ideas about grass? :)

http://edition.cnn.com/...y.shot.ap/index.html

Gee, we now have our own Nazi Lawn Troopers. America the beautiful.....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: i'm going to the dark side... [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm constantly surprised how some people on this forum will take the death of someone and use that as an example to make their stupid point. shame on you Robert!
Last edited by: kittycat: Mar 21, 06 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: i'm going to the dark side... [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spray it with diesel - jet fuel -kerosene- , that's organic compared to herbicides ( round up ) . Non toxic to critters . Stinks for 4 -5 days - lasts about a 1.5 years and the weeds come back . Some folks use road salt but that's even nastier for the soil..
Quote Reply
Re: i'm going to the dark side... [SaraJean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Oh, you're talking about dogs who are roaming the neightborhood without their people! I thought you were talking about the dogs whose owners take them for walks and don't clean up after them.>>

Yes. My attempt at pithy humor fell woefully short. I hang my head in shame. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next