Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Limewire?
Quote | Reply
What is your experience with this puppy? Is the site worth using, is the site dangerous from a virus standpoint?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by astrotri [ In reply to ]
Re: Limewire? [chicagonative] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got turned on to Limewire by a techie at an Apple reseller when I was having trouble with my iMac. It was the only peer to peer at that time that worked with a Mac, this was 2002. Never had a virus or a problem. I'm a little more careful now about using it.

Quote Reply
Re: Limewire? [vols fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using LimeWire since napster went down with stellar results. It has alsways had just about anything I've wanted, and I've never had any virus, spyware, or adware on my Mac. My PC, however, has gotten a few viruses from it, but nothing that norton couldn't handle.

If you use this type of utility very often, look into getting the pro version, as it is substantially faster. More search results too.

I give it 9.5 out of 10.
Quote Reply
Re: Limewire? [chicagonative] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a person that runs a PC shop stand point, just be careful. We make lots of money on folks using peer to peer programs, Limewire included. Be sure all your anti-virus, anti spyware programs are updated and be vigilent about keeping your system protected and clean... At this time, that one seems better than some.
Quote Reply