Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know
Quote | Reply
Watched Wedding Crashers last night -- didn't like it. No spark to either romance, and I find Owen Wilson's nose highly distracting.

Watched Me and You and Everyone We Know today --- really didn't like it. This is an artsy film that won all kinds of artsy film festival awards. I just want to say -- original material and quality material are not the same thing. Some reviewer from the LA Times called this movie "a worderfully offbeat and original comedy." Trust me, no laughs in this film, which starts off by showing some freak setting his hand on fire with lighter fluid -- why -- so he could mark the event of his separation from his wife in front of his two boys. It proceeds to show two teen girls giving some teen boy blow jobs so that he can tell them which has better technique. Towards the end, we see a 6 year old boy and a 40 something woman meet on a park bench, she thinking that she's meeting her internet butt sex soul mate. Yeah, lots of hardy har har hars in this film.
Last edited by: AmyCO: Jan 23, 06 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I feel the same way about Owen's nose.

BF and I went and saw Match Point (Woody Allen's new flick) yesterday. It was good but very un-Woody like.

I tried to watch Must Love Dogs while on my trainer Friday. I had to get off 15 minutes early because the movie was SO bad.

If you like documentaries, heck, even if you don't Murderball is fantastic. It's about the US para-olympic rugby team.
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your reaction to Match Point is actually good news for me as I find Woody's movies can be a little too whiny. I saw Must Love Dogs when it was in theaters and I agree with your assessment -- no chemistry there. I'm on for the Enron documentary, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and Millions over the next couple of days. I'll look for Murderball next time I visit the video store.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I've never been a Woody fan either, but Match Point was pretty good. There are even a few lines about Colorado "I'm never going back to Colorado" like its some god forsaken place. Also a line about Boulder and since I was at a theater in Boulder, it got a good chuckle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So did you folks see Crash? It kinda flew under the radar when it was in theaters but it's one of the best written and acted movies of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Watched Wedding Crashers last night -- didn't like it. No spark to either romance, and I find Owen Wilson's nose highly distracting.

You watched a movie with Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell and you were dissapointed to not find a "spark in either romance"?

Ironically enough, when I watched Schindler's List I didn't laugh once during the movie... it was even a little depressing.
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Crash was a great movie and I'm with you, it seemed to fly under the radar. Also, saw Constant Gardner last night and that was really good too. Never heard much about it except when Rachel Weisz won the Golden Globe last week.

Wedding Crashers was not near as funny as I thought it would be. Pretty disappointed. Can't remember the last real good comedy I've seen.
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see Crash and really enjoyed it. I'm waiting for A History of Violence to come out on DVD; I heard that was great too.
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The whole point of the movie was to illustrate another "Vince Vaugn" character ... the "getting older but refusing to mature" character than we liked in "Swingers". Combined with the "victim" type role that's featured in other movies like "Meet the Parents".

The whole movie is summed up in the "motorboat" scene.

You rent it, have a few laughs, and move on. There was some redeeming value ... if you squint you can see it.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The romance in Wedding Crashers was the problem. It really detracted from the plot.

"A lower back tatoo. MIght as well be a bullseye."
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also known as the Tramp Stamp.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Wedding Crashers; Me and You and Everyone We Know [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super obscure Vince Vaughan motorboat trivia:

In the move 'A Cool, Dry Place', which is about 5 years old and actually is a very good drama, Vince plays a dad who uses the 'motorboat' reference while in the shower with his 5 year old son.
Quote Reply