Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-)
Quote | Reply
Count on Debbie to fire off a howitzer cannon at the ACLU:

January 17, 2006 Interested in Opposing Today's ACLU NSA Lawsuit? . . .

By Debbie Schlussel

You've no doubt heard that, today, the ACLU--and assorted other enemies of America--filed a lawsuit against the government for NSA "spying" (interesting that there was no such lawsuit when Bill Clinton was doing the same thing--Remember "Echelon" and "Carnivore"?).

Since the lawsuit was filed in U.S. Federal Court in the Eastern District of Michigan, where I practice, I've already been contacted by concerned U.S. citizens who wish to intervene in the case as interested parties (whose interests and welfare are affected by this case) in support of the government's activities. And we may do so. You may feel free to contact me regarding this if you are interested in adding your name.

I note that among the Plaintiffs (besides HAMAS front-group CAIR) is Christopher Hitchens. Trotskyite Hitchens was scheduled to appear at a Republican Jewish Coalition event, tomorrow--until I and others protested this far-left wacko's appearance.

The text of the Complaint is very similar to--and includes a lot of the same language--as the ACLU's lawsuit against Section 215 of the Patriot Act, also filed in Detroit, in 2003. That case has NEVER been decided and languishes in the courtroom of Judge Denise Page Hood. The judge drawn by the ACLU, Anna Diggs Taylor, is a liberal judge, but not as liberal as several of the others they could have drawn (like Judges Arthur Tarnow and Avern Cohn--who decided in favor of Islamic terrorist Ibrahim Parlak; or Republican Appointee Gerald Rosen, who overturned the Detroit Terror Cell conviction--all while behaving unethically behind the scenes while the case was before him).
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad there is an ACLU. We need to have another point of view vigorously defended. I do question the propriety of some of their causes, but overall, I am glad they are out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Debbie sounds like some sort of ambulance chaser trying to get some sort of class action lawsuit together by a bunch of "interested parties".

Quote:

and assorted other enemies of America
For a second there I thought that protecting our civil rights is a good thing.... maybe our soldiers are fighting for those rights....
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-) [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever hear her on Howard Stern? Possibly one of the most annoying people to ever walk this earth.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-) [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For a second there I thought that protecting our civil rights is a good thing.... maybe our soldiers are fighting for those rights....

I think our soldiers are protecting more than civil rights. Probably more like HUMAN rights. I feel confident in making that observation because I've been one of those 'soldiers' doing the fighting in the past. For, like, 22 years.

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-) [rundhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever hear her on Howard Stern? Possibly one of the most annoying people to ever walk this earth.

Actually, I was being mostly tongue-in-cheek when I composed my Subject line ;-) She's kind of the Right's attorney-cum-pitbull version of James Carville, from what I've seen and heard.

T.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
the ACLU--and assorted other enemies of America
[/reply]

{yawn} Blah, blah, blah.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting that there was no such lawsuit when Bill Clinton was doing the same thing

It didn't even take her a full sentence to get to the but Clinton did it defense. I wonder if after 2008, and the Dems get lucky and win, if all we will hear for the next few years will be ..but George W. did it.

What an annoying deflection.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, ACLU: You're Going DOWN! (Debbie Schlussel To The Rescue) ;-) [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and squid are right, of course. But still.....I give her credit for having the gall, or the metaphorical balls, to come right out and call the ACLU an "enemy of America" (which it's not) and to out-and-out go right to the "but, Clinton did it" defense.

They never taught me that kind of brazenness at good old National University School of Law. It's only coincidental that it went out of existence back in the late 90's, I suppose ;-))

T.
Quote Reply