Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treo and Mac?
Quote | Reply
Anybody combining these? I've got a Treo 650, which I'm using for email, which works just fine. I'm sync'ing contacts with the Palm desktop software, also fine.

What I'm missing is calendar, and "real" sync'ing of email. Should I switch to using the Palm calendar? I'm currently using iCal, but have no attachment to it. Also, I'm using Microsoft Entourage (go figure) for email, so I am sending and receiving emails okay on my Treo, but it's not really sync'ing with Entourage for my huge list of email contacts. Do I need to port all that stuff (and can I?) to Palm?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
geek
Quote Reply
Re: Treo and Mac? [irongeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be the ticket:

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.php
Quote Reply
Re: Treo and Mac? [driver8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting....this looks like it will definitely solve the calendar problem. do you know which "address book" they mean? i don't mind getting all my contacts into a new/different location as long as both my phone email and mac email clients can get to them.

also, i'm not sure what version tiger i have - do you know how to check this? sorry....i'm a mac newbie.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Treo and Mac? [irongeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To check which OS version you have:

Click on the apple menu in the menu bar, select the first option 'about this mac'. This will bring up a window with the apple logo and then underneath the os version. if you're running tiger it'll be 10.4.something.
Quote Reply
Re: Treo and Mac? [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm on 10.4.3....so that is tiger, apparently....okay, i'll play around with this. thanks for the help!
Quote Reply