Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rice for President [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She hasn't done it for you. For others she has.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Rice for President [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No you don't.

If the man in the White House orchestrated a smear campaign that accused you of fathering an illigitimate black baby, if the man in the White House said that you were unfit for the Presidency because you were tortured as a POW and might be unhinged, if the man in the White House is a complete loser, you do not suck it up and support that man.

We do not have a parliament we have a congress. No member is obliged to support the President.
You can be a bitter political rebel, or you can have a continued poltical career. If you show me an example where McCain subborted his principles on some political issue to kiss Bush's ass, you might hve a point. If you dont respect the guy because he's not publically calling Bush a loser in the press, then I don't think you do.

I know it is really easy to say, "Why Iraq and not the Sudan? What about China or North Korea?" I guess the only answer I can come up with is that you have to start somewhere,

I think you can come up with a better answer than that. How about because they were an easy target, or because of oil, or both because we had a country looking for revenge? Despite the fact that none of the 9/11 hijackers were actually Iraqi's, it sure presented an easier target than the real trouble areas like Saudi Arabia (with their massive oil reserves) and Pakistan (with their nuclear weapons).

and there are a host of supporting reasons why to start in Iraq.

See above for a few.

Could it be that when we do move to address problems in places like the Sudan,

When we go to places like Sudan? To give them freedom? You really need to take your comedy show on the road. That's good stuff.

they will look at Iraq and decide that it is in their best interest to work to resolve those problems peacefully?

You do realize we live on earth, right?

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Rice for President [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
No you don't.

If the man in the White House orchestrated a smear campaign that accused you of fathering an illigitimate black baby, if the man in the White House said that you were unfit for the Presidency because you were tortured as a POW and might be unhinged, if the man in the White House is a complete loser, you do not suck it up and support that man.

We do not have a parliament we have a congress. No member is obliged to support the President.
You can be a bitter political rebel, or you can have a continued poltical career. If you show me an example where McCain subborted his principles on some political issue to kiss Bush's ass, you might hve a point. If you dont respect the guy because he's not publically calling Bush a loser in the press, then I don't think you do.

I do have a point. He is supporting a man who he knows for a fact is a character assasin and a liar. Not many of us have that sort of personal insight into what sort of person George W. Bush is, Mc Cain does.

How can he support a man he knows to be dishonest?

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

NeoCon by the Rolling Stones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, define "supporting a man" and maybe you can make your point.

Hillary really isn't qualified to be President.

I think that could have been true of George W in 2000.

She was the wife of one and author of a failed medical plan.

He was the son of a President, and the brother of a governor.

She's done nothing notable as Senator.

He did nothing notable as a Governor and even less so as the head of an oil corporation and Major league baseball team.

Quite frankly, she wants to be President for the power alone

Is that unique to Hillary?

she doesn't want to serve as President...she just wants to have that title.

How do you know?

willing to serve humbly and actually solve problems

Does that sound like George W to you?

Mark Warner, now a past Governor of VA, will mostly likely make a run for the Democratic Prez ticket. He's leaving office with a 75% approval rating and has done very good things for the Commonwealth of VA. Definitely one to watch.

I agree 100%. I think if a Democrat is going to win, they are going to have to come from somewhere other than the Northeast.

On the Republican counterparts Allen..another former VA governor..ranks high in the polls.

I think he is too much of an unknown and McCain certainly would beat him.

Rice....not presidential material

She is less Presidential material than Hillary (and I don't think Hillary will win).

but serving as a VP to a more moderate Republican Pres candidate might be a powerful ticket.

McCain/Rice would win.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"She tacked the healthcare problem head on when she was told that there was little chance of her initiative getting through a Republican congress."

You are not too strong on facts. Hillary tried to get her healthcare plan through a Democratic Congress, and would have been successful had she been slightly reasonable. Telling Rosty, chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, that you didn't speak with him in order to negotiate after he tells you the three or four changes he needs to get the plan through is not a plan for success.

Her healthcare plan was the key to turning the Congress Republican in 1994 though, so I grant that she was effective, just not the way she planned.

Your other facts are about as accurate too.
Quote Reply
Re: Rice for President [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The real question is how many blowjobs has Rice given? What is her number?

I think she likes to eat muff...
Quote Reply

Prev Next